KSKF - Low Approach?

jeremyk13

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
jeremyk13
I'm going to be flying out to San Antonio tomorrow night and was thinking about asking San Antonio Approach for a low approach to Kelly Field while I'm in the area. Honestly just think it could be a cool experience to add to my logbook.

Does anyone have any recent experience with this request?

Weather's been kinda crummy this week around South Central TX. At any rate, it should be no problem. Traffic is pretty light on the evenings unless it's night week down here at Laughlin and we do the conga line to our stereo fields (SKF is one of them), and we do clog up the radar pattern at night. If that were the case, you'd probably get penalty vectored for a while. This week that's not the case so the only potential traffic is whatever night training the C-5s may be doing or transient heavies. Doubtful the Vipers are playing at night, they generally don't do multiples.

Frankly, the view of the ramp would be better during the day, mil bases are pretty unlit at nighttime. Have a safe flight.

Thank you. Current plan is to leave out of Sugar Land, make it to Lackland 10 minutes before sunset, low approach, touch and go at SSF and maybe SAT, then back to Sugar Land to do my night currency stop and go's.

Back