KRUE Listing Question

Graueradler

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Graueradler
A King Air crew last week asked us if we didn't take credit cards. They said that the AOPA provided data base in their GPS said that we did not. We assured them that we do and sold them fuel after they landed. After they departed, I checked the AOPA on-line listing and could find no such information. AOPA could also not find any mis-information like this. The King Air is long gone so it would be pretty difficult to track them down to get further info. I suppose that it is possible that they were looking at the wrong airport.

If you have a GPS with integrated data base, please check our listing. If you find an indication that we (Russellville Regional Airport - KRUE) do not take credit cards, please let me know the source so I can get it corrected.

The King Air was relaying radio traffic to a low flyer that was intending to stop for a 100 gallon purchase and went elsewhere instead because of this. If this info is really out there, it could be costing us a good bit of traffic.

Thanks,

Bobby

AOPA provided GPS databases? I was thinking perhaps it was the downloadable AOPA AFD they were referring to ... but I just checked mine and no mention of no credit cards anywhere I could see.

According to ForeFlight, which gets data from AOPA and other sources...

122.7 Unicom
(479) 967-1227
100LL full-serve $5.92
Jet-A with and without Prist $5.14
Credit cards accepted: AvCard, American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Shell, US Bank Multiservice, Discover
Services: Snooze room, showers, pilot lounge, restrooms, rental car, crew cars, flight planning computer, wireless high-speed internet, and quick turn.

If that's all correct, sounds like you've got a good operation there! :yes:

I see two minor errors. Crew Cars should not be plural. We only have one and we do not have un-pristed Jet-A. I only buy pre-mix so I don't have to worry about maintaining the injector system on the truck. I'll get those corrected.

Looks like a bad price (probably a mis-print) on the avgas, it should be $2.92.

I see two minor errors. Crew Cars should not be plural. We only have one and we do not have un-pristed Jet-A. I only buy pre-mix so I don't have to worry about maintaining the injector system on the truck. I'll get those corrected.

Looks like a bad price (probably a mis-print) on the avgas, it should be $2.92.

That'd put you about three bucks shy of almost everywhere right now. How'd ya do that?!

That data comes from 100LL.com in Foreflight, I believe, if you're wanting to keep it up to date. ;)

You wouldn't happen to remember a flight instructor that used to work there for Tallyho Flight Training would you? That would be me :)

Would this happen to be Bobby Day?

I simply said that's how much LL should cost. And that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

That'd put you about three bucks shy of almost everywhere right now. How'd ya do that?!

That data comes from 100LL.com in Foreflight, I believe, if you're wanting to keep it up to date. ;)

You wouldn't happen to remember a flight instructor that used to work there for Tallyho Flight Training would you? That would be me :)

Would this happen to be Bobby Day?

Yes, this is Bobby Day but , sorry, I don't remember you. I'll blame it on old age. Bill High is still around once in awhile giving a check ride.

Regards

Yes, this is Bobby Day but , sorry, I don't remember you. I'll blame it on old age. Bill High is still around once in awhile giving a check ride.

Regards

Hehe, no problem. I was going to College at ATU, and instructing for Bill High after my classes. I was there around 2003ish time frame. We had N225FR, the 172 with the red stripe that we called "Spike" because of all the anntennas it still had on it. Bill bought that plane from the Ill State Police, so they had a few extra radios :D.

I haven't been back there for a few years, but I am gonna try to make it back to say hi. Do you know if Richard Mars is still flying for Exec Jet or did he get mixed with that group that was furloughed? How is Freddy Williams doing?

Bob

I heard from Richard a week or so ago. He was looking for a plane to rent. I don't know his work status. Freddie is doing fine. He still goes flying once in awhile with Ralph Boen. Ralph has sold his Lake and is now rebuilding a Cessna 185 from the ground up.

If that's all correct, sounds like you've got a good operation there! :yes:

Correct or not Bobby runs a helluva operation. BTDT. Too bad my stay was cut short when I got rerouted to CLE. It's a pretty casual little town w/ a very nice airport that the locals are rightfully proud of.

Back