Knox City, TX (F75) PIREP?

gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
Anyone familiar with F75 - Harrison Field at Knox City, TX? Heading down with a group for piggie hunting and F75 is the closest to the ranch we're staying. Looks ok from google earth view, etc - says unattended, no fuel so wondering if there may be other choices I'm not seeing (aside from fueling somewhere close either on the way in or out).

No knowledge. But Graham, TX to the SE is a good airport.

So is Denton (big hint) if you're gonna stop in and say howdy to a certain Aggie (bigger hint) :D :D

Thanks, Mike! :) Both of those options are "the other way" tho! :)

Dumas, TX looks like good reviews, good gas price and pretty much "on the way" ...

If needed KCWC in Wichita Falls is a nice airport.

Remember to land on the single smaller runway within the city... not the really big and wide and multiple ones (aka Sheppard AFB).

PVW Hale County would be a good enroute stop. Never been to Knox City myself but, a friend flies there in his Bonanza to visit an elderly aunt frequently.

Thanks, Mike! :) Both of those options are "the other way" tho! :)

Dumas, TX looks like good reviews, good gas price and pretty much "on the way" ...

Dumas is in good shape w/fairly new asphalt. Gas is usually the cheapest around and FBO building is unlocked. Usually no one around when I've been there. BGD is a little higher for gas but always has a crew car. I never stop at BGD after hours.

Graham was a good stop w/cheap gas but it's not self service.

Back