Knowledge Exam...Complete, Checkride...a long time to wait

HPNPilot1200

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jason
Well I just got home a few hours ago after passing my private pilot airplane knowledge test with a score of 93%, which I am quite pleased about.

I only screwed up 4 questions, which is pretty acceptable in my book. Now, I just have to wait for my solo and checkride. That'll be coming up in 129 and 494 days respectively, yup, my 16th and 17th birthdays. (They'll be great presents indeed! :yes:)

I think the hardest part about obtaining my PPL is going to be the looooooooooooong wait required. At least I'll get to meet many more people and gain a lot more experience in the fun and enjoyable process.

How'd everyone else do on their knowledge exam? Any stories to tell? My dad told me just today about how he had to take his private knowledge test in the basement of an FAA examiner's house a long while ago. ...and then there's also the story about how he used the big 6-foot E6B on his ATP written, but that's a whole other story I won't babble on about now.

Regards,
Jason

Last edited:
what are you up to now? about 300 hours? this kid'll be flying for a major by the time hes 20!

good job jason. using the big E6B for the written would be hilarious! Did he carry it in with him or was it at the place he took the test?

tonycondon said:
what are you up to now? about 300 hours? this kid'll be flying for a major by the time hes 20!
Start paying for my rental costs in New England, and that number sounds about right. Until then, that number remains quite low. I have a lot of unlogged time/experience (about 100-200 hours) in the Bonanza which has really helped me a lot in addition to the normal dinner discussions about difficult approaches or how to use certain equipment, etc with my dad.

tonycondon said:
good job jason. using the big E6B for the written would be hilarious! Did he carry it in with him or was it at the place he took the test?
He used the one at the flight school he was taking the test at since the number he got with the small wiz-wheel was between two of the possible answers on the exam. The examiner said that he'd never had someone use it on a written exam before, but he didn't restrict its use.

CONGRATS JASON, You'll be suprised how fast that time goes (waiting). But you will want it to go faster. Keep up the good work .
Dave G

Back