KMIE - Vince's

It was good! The Great Lakes Pilots group just did a fly-in there a few weeks ago. That was my first (and obviously last) visit there. Hopefully someplace else opens up there soon. It is a nice destination airport.

Sounds like they will find someone. Lets just hope he is more reputable than the guy who just ripped off a bunch of people by closing down without any notice.

closed...

:eek: :dunno: :(

That's really too bad, it was definitely one of the best restaurants on an airport in the entire midwest.

For those who miss Vince's, I recommend Pilot Pete's at Schaumburg (06C). We should have a fly-in there soon...

:eek: :dunno: :(

That's really too bad, it was definitely one of the best restaurants on an airport in the entire midwest.

For those who miss Vince's, I recommend Pilot Pete's at Schaumburg (06C). We should have a fly-in there soon...

Pilot Pete's is great, I would fly there more often if it were just a bit further. I barely can get the oil warm before landing. In fact I can drive to Pilot Pete's faster than it takes me to drive to 10C, preflight and taxi.

Hopefully the restaurant at Morris, IL will re-open soon.:blueplane:
ApacheBob

Hopefully the restaurant at Morris, IL will re-open soon.:blueplane:
ApacheBob
I was talking to one of the instructors at Clow this week, and she doesn't think they're going to re-open it. I've heard it going both ways, so nothing definitive. Heading south the other day I heard pilots asking about the status on CTAF, but they never got a reply. :(

Back