KLN94, KX155, KMA20 for sale.

gismo

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iGismo
I'm updating my avionics and these units are coming out of the plane in working order. I could have the shop bench check them and supply an 8130 if desired.

The KLN-94 comes with two data cards (one expires in a week, the other is from last month) tray connector and antenna. I also have a USB writer for the cards and I have one remaining DB download that can be used up till June 2006. In addition there is a Mid Continent GPS annunciator that works with the KLN-94 and KLN-89B which isn't required with the '94 if you mount the GPS in the pilot's field of view, although it also contains a relay to share the signals between the GPS, navcom, and CDI/HSI. The shop is offering $2000 trade in credit for just the GPS and one data card.

The KX-155 is a 28 volt unit with internal glideslope receiver. It will come with the tray and connectors. It cannot be converted to 14v, but for a couple hundered bucks you can get a 14 to 28 external converter. The shop's current offer is only $500 for the radio and tray, but I may try to sell it on ebay where I've seen them go for $1200 - 1800.

The KMA-20 audio panel is much older than the other two but works fine. It does have an internal marker beacon receiver with indicator lights and it can drive an external set of lights as well.

PM me an offer for any or all that's more than I can get on trade. I should have them within two weeks from today (today is Jan 9, 2006).

Edit: everything is sold.

Last edited:
So the question is.. what new toys are you getting?

jangell said:
He don't need no stinkin' gee pee ess. Seat o' the pants and da mawk one eyeball is all he needs.

silver-eagle said:
He don't need no stinkin' gee pee ess. Seat o' the pants and da mawk one eyeball is all he needs.

Hey, I though about installing the GPS and NavCom in my Porterfield... for about three seconds.

jangell said:

The new stuff includes a PM-8000 audio panel / intercom, an Avidyne EX-500 with RDS-81 radar interface and XM weather, a Ryan TCAS-610 hooked to the Avidyne, a Garmin GNS-480, and a GPS roll steering adapter. I was planning on replacing the HSI with a Sandel 3500, but the TCAS looked more attractive, and I suspect that there may be some better options for EHSI and possibly EFIS/PFD (electronic AI and HSI combined) in the next few years.

I've been reading the manuals for the MFD and GPS in addition to playing with the simulator in an attempt to get up to speed on them ASAP.

lancefisher said:
The new stuff includes a PM-8000 audio panel / intercom, an Avidyne EX-500 with RDS-81 radar interface and XM weather, a Ryan TCAS-610 hooked to the Avidyne, a Garmin GNS-480, and a GPS roll steering adapter. I was planning on replacing the HSI with a Sandel 3500, but the TCAS looked more attractive, and I suspect that there may be some better options for EHSI and possibly EFIS/PFD (electronic AI and HSI combined) in the next few years.

I've been reading the manuals for the MFD and GPS in addition to playing with the simulator in an attempt to get up to speed on them ASAP.

Wow...and I thought my new Airmap 500 was impressive.

When it is finished take some pictures! :yes:

Back