KLN 900 Database Update Question

Anthony Tsiouklas

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Anthony
Hi all,

Hoping someone can shed some light here. I am preparing to purchase a Wingman subscription for updates to my KLN 900 database. I am opting for the PCMCIA card exchange option. I am purchasing two different database updates - 1 for the USA and another for Latin America. Does anyone know if both regions will be included on one card? Or would I receive 2 cards (one for USA and one for Latin America)? The KLN 900 unit only has a slot for one card so I'm not sure how they could expect you to use two separate cards. Has anyone had any luck with this?

Anthony

I have a KLN 94 and the USA database includes Latin America and the Caribbean excluding Cuba. The Wingman website is not very informative so you might call them for clarification. The further away you get from the US the skinnier the data is. You do not get all the SIDs and STARS. The US subscription is adequate outside the US but every year the database grows but the data card does not. BTW I download from the internet which works OK but King does not make it easy. Good Luck!

Back