KJAC weather gouge

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
lol; does anyone have local knowledge of Jackson Hole, Wy?

In particular, is there a good alternate if the winter weather shuts it down?
I don't even know which direction the weather comes from there. I'm looking at Idaho Falls, might be a good place for passengers to rent a car and get into JH but does the weather come from the west?
Looking for something like "when Aspen is socked in, everyone goes to Rifle" - only for kjac.
Thanks

lol; does anyone have local knowledge of Jackson Hole, Wy?

In particular, is there a good alternate if the winter weather shuts it down?
I don't even know which direction the weather comes from there. I'm looking at Idaho Falls, might be a good place for passengers to rent a car and get into JH but does the weather come from the west?
Looking for something like "when Aspen is socked in, everyone goes to Rifle" - only for kjac.
Thanks
The weather comes from the west or southwest. Driggs is close but not a good alternate. IDA is a very good airport. Missed approach altitudes and icing effectively mandate turbine equipment. People do take it on in weather with piston airplanes, but they are pushing it.

Timely. Was looking at Driggs; pretty easy drive for the pax. But, maybe not a good option.
Nothing east.
Will plan on good weather, then!

Timely. Was looking at Driggs; pretty easy drive for the pax. But, maybe not a good option.

if the weather into JAC is scary flying into in a turbine, the pass from Driggs to Jackson is not much less scary in a car ;-). But IDA is a pretty good alternate. Still the roads can be a little scary during a winter storm. Need a good 4-wheel drive with good tires.

if the weather into JAC is scary flying into in a turbine, the pass from Driggs to Jackson is not much less scary in a car ;-). But IDA is a pretty good alternate. Still the roads can be a little scary during a winter storm. Need a good 4-wheel drive with good tires.
The road from Driggs to Jackson is awful during/after a winter storm.

Back