Kinda windy at home

Or someone's hoping for an insurance payout to not be an airplane owner anymore...

Definitely windy here'bouts. Better than 50 mph gusts along I-80. Saw one truck got tired of it and laid on it's side...nasty driving last night but not so bad this afternoon.

Update:

It was a C172, not an FTG tennant, and the airplane was totaled. Onwer is going to keep it for parts and such.

It has been really windy around here for a few weekends. This past weekend I actually did not fly due to winds on Saturday, but Sunday was much better.

It has been really windy around here for a few weekends. This past weekend I actually did not fly due to winds on Saturday, but Sunday was much better.

And I went flying (both Saturday and Sunday) BECAUSE the winds were high. I went up and shot a bunch of crosswind landing in 15-20 mph winds for practice. Someday you'll have to do it for real, might as well go practice it.

Not only that, but it is fun too doing a challenging cross wind landing. I also seek out those days.

Winds here tomorrow are forecast, 20G40+, I even heard G60 in one forecast.

We're supposed to see 40MPH gusts today. Miss Piggy is tucked away and will stay there for a few days. Possible flying weather Saturday, but chance of rain. We'll see.

And I went flying (both Saturday and Sunday) BECAUSE the winds were high. I went up and shot a bunch of crosswind landing in 15-20 mph winds for practice. Someday you'll have to do it for real, might as well go practice it.

I know, but I had to go somewhere (dinner) with a passenger, and possibly pick up his friends. Not the time for practice.

Local news station has reported 53mph winds at the airport (LAS) and it's getting worse.
Traffic delays. Want to try those crosswind landings tonight? :goofy: :goofy: :hairraise:

Red Flag over with or are the jet jocky kids having all sorts of fun in that wind that they weren't expecting to have?

Back