kidney stone question

• Thread starter TheFAAismyfriend
  • Start date
Then I guess to me victim shaming is totally different. In my world, victim shaming is saying that a 10 year old girl who was sexually abused by her father is responsible for that action of her father and she should have acted differently so he wouldn't have done that. Or saying that someone who was driving perfectly legally and got in a car accident from a drunk that crossed centerline should have made better choices that day. I guess in my opinion, there's a lot of people who are victims of their own choices, and that's the first and foremost cause of their other problems. It's not "victim-shaming" to tell the drunk that crossed centerline that it's his own damn fault that his car is wrecked. It is to tell that little girl that it's her fault. It's not victim shaming to tell someone whose spouse is being a jerk that maybe they should have looked a little longer before they leapt. It is to tell that someone with a jerk as a spouse that it's all their fault that other person is a jerk and they should have done something different so that person wasn't a jerk. Small delineation but I think a very important one.

every situation is unique

every situation is unique

If that's your viewpoint, okay. I recognize that every situation is unique, but I also think that every one of those unique situations needs to contain certain "goalposts", if you will, in order for something to become victim shaming, and in my opinion, most cases of "victim-shaming" aren't deserving of that title. Your mileage can and probably will vary. :)

If that's your viewpoint, okay. I recognize that every situation is unique, but I also think that every one of those unique situations needs to contain certain "goalposts", if you will, in order for something to become victim shaming, and in my opinion, most cases of "victim-shaming" aren't deserving of that title. Your mileage can and probably will vary. :)

Yes...but we don't want it to turn into a slippery slope.

Also...this doesn't change the fact that the Op is totally screwed

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back