Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Kerrville Tx, what's to know?
Traffic? Unusual obstacles? Strange pattern? etc etc
Where is the FBO?
Thanks.

All I know is, if you happen to run into my sister-in-law there, RUN AWAY!

That, and don't ever make any smart-ass comments about Mooneys.

I love Mooneys and that suffix, "in-law" has always raised the hairs on the back of my neck! (j/k -mine are actually gems)

Let'sgoflying! said:
Where is the FBO?
Thanks.

Traffic, fairly light. Long runway (e-w) recently lengthened. One FBO as I recall. LOC approach if you need it. I think there is self-serve fuel for cheaper than truck (but I don't usually fill up there).

There is a hill on the north side of the airport, but it shouldn't be an issue. The water tower is now gone (removed a few weeks ago) - that tower was at the Mooney plant.

Standard left patterns on all runways.

If you need IFR, you can contact Houston Center via radio while on the ground.

Study the diagram it can a just a little confusing turning off to the FBO. I think it is actually an old runway.

Self-serve gas is much cheaper. The FBO even tells you.

thanks,
going tomorrow.
is the self serve the area 'inside' the "L" of the runways or on the far side?

Let'sgoflying! said:
thanks,
going tomorrow.
is the self serve the area 'inside' the "L" of the runways or on the far side?

I believe it's inside the L, near the FBO.

Mooney is on the west side of the N/S runway. There is nothing on the south side of the E-W runway.

SS is inside the L on the far SE edge of the ramp. A couple hangers downhill from the FBO.

Have a good trip.

Charlie Dugosh is gone, I understand. Is his company still there?

would you mind picking up a new mooney for me while your there? Ill pay ya back.
promise.

great, that helps.
good thing mooneys are slower than bellancas; was neck and neck going into t82 with one this aft. ;)

Yes, Dugosh Aviation is still there just uphill from the self-serve. Factory is starting to pick up some maintenence on 201 and newer. There should be enough to go around.

Let'sgoflying! said:
Where is the FBO?
Thanks.

Dave, I am too late to help with this one, but when flying to a new airport I try to do something I read on AOPA's Air Safety Foundation that makes a lot of sense. I filter the accident reports to be those with that airport, and read through them. If there's a recurring issue (descending too early and hitting some obstacle, running off the end of a short runway in wet weather, etc.) you'll find out about it and be forewarned.

good tip, Troy - thanks, I might start doing that. (I enjoyed seeing your hstab progress recently too)

PS ERV SS $3.75/gal T82 SS $4.45/gal
I made money by making that little side trip!

T82 now has a fully functional FBO next to the terminal with all the amenities and a huge hangar to park in 50/day light singles.

Let'sgoflying! said:
good tip, Troy - thanks, I might start doing that. (I enjoyed seeing your hstab progress recently too)

PS ERV SS $3.75/gal T82 SS $4.45/gal
I made money by making that little side trip!

T82 now has a fully functional FBO next to the terminal with all the amenities and a huge hangar to park in 50/day light singles.

That's good to know about T82.

Gas prices are nuts. On my trip back east last week, I paid a low of $3.05 (on the way up, it was $3.30 on the way back) in Carthage, TX, followed closely by a place in Tennessee at $3.15.

Bill you might like a restaurant on top of Mamacitas in Kerrville, "La Republique".
I needed help identifying the menu items but they were all done to perfection.
Bring two credit cards however.
(I recall you as a great restaurant affictionado?)

Returning to T82, there were 50 pilots on the Hangar Hotel balcony judging landings, glad I didn't notice them or I wouldve pranged it for sure.

Let'sgoflying! said:
Bill you might like a restaurant on top of Mamacitas in Kerrville, "La Republique".
I needed help identifying the menu items but they were all done to perfection.
Bring two credit cards however.
(I recall you as a great restaurant affictionado?)

Returning to T82, there were 50 pilots on the Hangar Hotel balcony judging landings, glad I didn't notice them or I wouldve pranged it for sure.

I've driven by that restaurant but never stopped. Yes, I love a good restaurant. I'm on the budget plan right now, though.

Y'all get beat up by storms last night?

we had rain but no hail or strong winds. I checked and all is ok with woody.

I am such a country hick, this restaurant is the first time I've ever been made aware that I need something (Granite') to cleanse my palate between courses! Dang, what have I been doing all these years?! I never stopped to think I can't do that all by myself! Hey, does that cleanse both the hard and soft palates?
We had fun there, good eats in the shape of art.

Back