Ken Ibold, your old job is available again.

Right up your alley, Diana. Go for it. :rofl:
:D I don't think so. :D You should see what my stuff looks like BEFORE it gets to an editor. Words in the wrong places, too many commas (or is that comas)...cain't remember.

The problem is that IAC has no budget. The freelance budget is actually zero. Everything in it is contributed, and so deadlines and quality are all over the place. (well, except for Diana's stuff, of course.) Add to that it takes about 10 days to actually produce the thing. I tried to get the magazine done in 5 days, but even when I succeeded it still didn't make enough money to be worthwhile. I was turning down higher paying stuff. And then there are the egos...

No thank you.

The problem is that IAC has no budget. The freelance budget is actually zero. Everything in it is contributed,
So even Rich Stowell doesn't get paid?

and so deadlines and quality are all over the place. (well, except for Diana's stuff, of course.)
:redface:

And then there are the egos...
Too bad that having an inflated ego doesn't provide those pilots with more lift or something equally useful.

So even Rich Stowell doesn't get paid?

Nope, I do it out of the kindness of my heart :)

Actually, I do receive credit under "pro bono activities" for writing such articles when it's time to renew my Master CFI-A designation. That and maybe someday those articles will be the basis for another book...

Rich
www.richstowell.com

Rich, Welcome to the board!

Your name sounds somewhat familiar...

:D

Actually, I saw your name again recently when researching some issue I cannot recall. But, I remember coming upon a blog by someone who went to you for some upset recovery training. They had asked a question in the form of... "What would happen if we did this with that?" According to them, you responded with something similar to... "I'm not sure. Let's go find out!"

My thought was this is the kind of instructor I need to hook up with with myself still being a new instructor. I'm hoping I can make that happen in the next year or so.

Again, welcome aboard!

Actually, I do receive credit under "pro bono activities" for writing such articles when it's time to renew my Master CFI-A designation. That and maybe someday those articles will be the basis for another book...

Rich
www.richstowell.com
Hey, Rich!
Glad to see you here. This place needs more guys who wear earrings!! I think we might be the only two.

Welcome Rich!

Are you gonna be back at Lincoln Park in New Jersey anytime soon?

Gil

Rich, welcome to the forum. :)

Hey, Rich!
Glad to see you here. This place needs more guys who wear earrings!! I think we might be the only two.
Ken, I love your earring. :yes: Now we have a third guy...Will Hawkins. :)

Rich, welcome to the forum. :)

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome -- glad to be here!

In response to some of the questions/comments:

Returning to Lincoln Park, NJ -- maybe sometime soon. After six or seven years in a row visiting NJ to give seminars and training, it's now been a couple of years since I've been back. Love the Fall foliage in October...and circling those hot air balloons!

Earrings -- I don't recall if I've ever seen yours, Ken! A placeholder for one, sure, but maybe when you were "on the job" for IAC you didn't plug it in? I hope this doesn't devolve into others chiming in about their unseen piercings, or tats...:eek:

BTW, I'm now providing 1-3 minute audio "Flying Tips" on www.goldseallive.com -- the next live broadcast is tonight at 9 PM Eastern time. One of the interviews this evening is with Alan Land, an 18 year old "kid" who is the youngest pilot to become the first alternate for the US Unlimited Aerobatic Team. He's rather shy, and so the show's hosts will have their work cut out for them trying to coax out the interesting aspects of Alan's young flying career.

Rich
www.richstowell.com

Back