Keep an eye on forum speed today please

Greebo

N9017H - C172M (1976)
Display Name

Display name:
Retired Evil Overlord
I tried something a little different today to see if we could speed things up around here in the short term.

...there's oil dripping out the bottom of my monitor...

At 9:30am to 9:35am CDT the poa.com site had it's typical lock up and pause. I went immediately to POA.net and was able to post and experienced no delay, pauses or anything else.

Hmm.

Well, to me the overall speed of the .com site seems faster after my little adjustment today, but this confirms to me that the freezes are NOT related to us directly.

For the record, today as an experiment in performance, I did a backup and restore of the PoA database, which recreated all the tables and indexes.

I've tried running the optimizers for mysql but they were taking forever.

Still slower than molasses.

Chuck, you can't fix a server that's being bogged down by other users by tweaking your application.

Last edited:
Still slower than molasses.

Çhuck, you can't fix a server that's being bogged down by other users by tweaking your application.

That is so true. I thought Jesse pretty much put the whole thing in perspective when he looked at the processor loads and could see that they were maxed out.

I know very well that on a virtual server we're slaves to the overall machine, but it was still possible that we could do things on this end to help.

They didn't work, but I wanted to TRY. ;)

Back