KCXY

Shipoke

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
shipoke
For those who are interested.....Capital City Airports FBO is under new management. The former owner ran the FBO into the ground with raising prices and fees. The New owner is trying to make CXY a nice place to come to. It's across the river from Harrisburg and there are some nice places to visit here, also Hershey park is near by(15 min. drive). I am trying to help keep CXY open as a good place to fly into for GA. I hope this will give some people another destination to add to thier lists. Lew Beemer is the manager and SARAA is the owner and it looks like they are trying also.

PLEASE COME VISIT, THANK YOU
We dont need to loose another GA airport.
David J Gaiski:blueplane:

here is a web site http://search.comcast.net/?cat=Web&con=homepage&q=Capitol+city+airport

Last edited:
CXY is a beautiful airport with extraordiarily friendly controllers, I absolutly loved it there.

Thanks for the information Dave, I'll add it to my list for some XC time comming up. Maybe I can get Bob Ciotti to join me for a flight out and we can all meet up for lunch.

Your holding the Special Needs event on the first weekend of May 2010 right? Can you send me a PM about that too.

Wow... that's some news...

The FBO definately seemed a bit too upscale for normal GA traffic, but I figured it was catering to Pols and such.

The location is great, but the first time I flew in was a student -- the apparent nearness of the ridge gave me the hibbly-jibblies.

I've been there since then and wondered what the heck I was thinking...?

Well Dan now that the philly layer is gone it is much friendlier to GA. That guy wanted to turn it into a Corperate airport and drove alot of us away. Now the Lou has it back we are starting to filter back. And hoping it will be a good destination for student Xcountries and some place people will visit to get to HBG. and Hershey.And yes the ridge is kind of intimadating but it's a great learning experance.
Dave G

Well Dan now that the philly layer is gone
Dave G

I think you mean philly lawyer. He wasn't actually a philly lawyer but a pretty sucessful business guy he owned a helo company in Horsham IRCC and a bunch of other stuff. Once he took over and raised the cost to 35-45 just to land a SEP I swore I'd never be back and I wasn't. I'm glad someone took over who appreciates GA and got rid of the Screw you attitude.

Dave can you tell us what the fees are there now if any and is there any place to eat on the field?

Are they going to have a flight school and rentals there? I hear they had removed all of the rentals because of insurance and all the instructors had to finish up students elsewhere, or was that another FBO there?

Now THAT is excellent news!!!

I have been avoidig that place like the plauge ever since I landed there last year. I landed once, paid a ridiculous landing fee, took off, was forced to land again because of poor visbility, less than 30 minutes later, and they charged me again for landing and the ramp!

I will definitly visit soon!

Well Adam there is a landing fee SELand twin up to 5000 lbs=$800
Twins 5000-8000=$11.00
8000-12500=$13.00
Thats SARAA fees other then that there are none
They are trying to get a school back but not sure how long it will take.
As far as food there is a resteraunt within walking distance.
Thank for the intrest Dave G.

Last edited:
Well Adam there is a landing fee SELand twin up to 5000 lbs=$800 .

:yikes::yikes::yikes:

Ya mean $8.00? LOL

Twins 5000-8000=$11.00
8000-12500=$13.00
Thats SARAA fees other then that there are none
They are trying to get a school back but not sure how long it will take.
As far as food there is a resteraunt within walking distance.
Thank for the intrest Dave G.

Well its nice they got some sanity back. Hopefully they can get enough commercial traffic in that they can dump the fee for the $100 hamburger hunter. They may even do better making it an overnight fee as with the proximity to Hershey Park they could do a decent business for folks to skiddish to fly into Reigel. If they do that and scrap the landing fee it will encourage folks to make a trip for food and get some fuel. Of course perhaps they will waive the fee with fuel purchase. Anyway its good to have someone who appreciates the FLIBs. I'll have to check Air Nav to see if they are up. If they are Dave make sure to tell them to post that its under new management that will be very important. Just read the posts on Zerby in AirNav and you will see why.

Thanks Adam i'll probably be talking to lou later this week.
Dave G.

Back