KBJC off field landing N93AA

It works, that tone is the radio noise. At 13:05 you hear mayday I am declaring an emergency.

Both engines out. Fuel starvation?
Definitely a possibility and wouldn't be the first time an Aero Commander ran out of gas. One down side to the Commanders s the single point refueling system. One single fill point for both sides. If the line guy tries to fill it to fast, it can create the illusion that the plane is topped off when it isn't. If the pilot doesn't verify and check the numbers, he can end up taking off with a lot less fuel than he thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Definitely a possibility and wouldn't be the first time an Aero Commander ran out of gas. One down side to the Commanders s the single point refueling system. One single fill point for both sides. If the line guy tries to fill it to fast, it can create the illusion that the plane is topped off when it isn't. If the pilot doesn't verify and check the numbers, he can end up taking off with a lot less fuel than he thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I can tell you that those guys are insane about fueling. When I worked the line their company was with us for a month or two, and never trusted us fueling. They were always there, and even though we never screwed up they always made it a point to tell whoever was fueling how often people did screw up. Definitely not saying that it wasn't out of fuel, I'm just saying that company is very very picky on it, and their mx.

What was the weather like? Induction ice maybe? I know it seems weird with two engines but it can happen.

Perhaps the pilot forgot to re-enrichen the mixture on descent?

Back