Kay's Speedster

I spent a lot of time checking it out at Airventure. Very cool design that blends vintage looks with modern comforts. Cabin is much bigger than it appears. They are hoping to have folding wings and offer an enclosed canopy option. Their cost estimates thus far also seem to be really appealing. TT have been doing a lot of great things lately with excellent craftsmanship and very responsive online presence. Looking forward to it next year!

Love the concept, love the looks, but after ~35 years in the Fly Baby world, I have to point out that used single-seat homebuilts are VERY hard to sell.

I'm guessing that Timber Tiger will shortly announce a two-seat version.

[Edit: Grum.man pointed out it IS two seat, just side-by side.]

Ron Wanttaja

Last edited:
Love the concept, love the looks, but after ~35 years in the Fly Baby world, I have to point out that used single-seat homebuilts are VERY hard to sell.

I'm guessing that Timber Tiger will shortly announce a two-seat version.

Ron Wanttaja
When I bought my Little Toot, I thought, "The market for a single-place biplane is very small. I've got this guy right where I want him." When I sold it, the new buyer thought, "The market for a single-place biplane is very small. I've got this guy right where I want him." We were both correct.

Like the concept ,just not into a single seater as I age.

I hope it’s not vaporware and has a few flying examples before I’m ready to build.

Back