Kate and other CFI's, Check this out!

I am not a CFI but I have stayed in Holiday Inn Expresses, I have also seen a disabled flyer use one of these or a similar device in the US

The FAA has approved portable hand controls for use by disabled pilots. The IWA (http://www.wheelchairaviators.org) has more information and lists suppliers of hand controls for Piper, Cessna and Grumman aircraft.

Bruce

Hey cool story.

We need to get Sean on here. He's researched hand controls in other airplanes. I honestly don't know much about the portable type.

What is so excellent about the Sky Arrow is that hand controls (as a factory option) are built into the design and removable in a few seconds.

As Sean mentioned in his recent podcast recording with Will Hawkins, it would be nice if more manufacturers would catch on to this idea.

Well PJ , i'm not a CFI but i do personally know of a Wheelchair Pilot and he does have hand controls for his rudders in his Piper Warrior. If you would like more Info i could get you his Name and posibally his phone number and address. I'm sure Jack would give you all the Info he can .
You can contact me at gaiski@comcast.net or call me at 717-554-8247
Dave G.:blueplane:

P.S. Jack was my first ride in a plane and the reason i do Young Eagle Flights.

Back