KAEG Weather Report: OVC AL

abqflyer

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
John Haynes
Went flying this morning only to discover that EAA's B17 "Aluminum Overcast" had arrived at Double Eagle II for the weekend. Lots of rides being given and it was great fun to see the B17 flying. Also got to meet and talk with Paul Wagner, a B17 pilot that flew 25 missions during the war. (He even signed a copy of his book for me.) And a first for me, I've never flown in the pattern with a B17 before. :D

abqflyer said:
Went flying this morning only to discover that EAA's B17 "Aluminum Overcast" had arrived at Double Eagle II for the weekend. Lots of rides being given and it was great fun to see the B17 flying. Also got to meet and talk with Paul Wagner, a B17 pilot that flew 25 missions during the war. (He even signed a copy of his book for me.) And a first for me, I've never flown in the pattern with a B17 before. :D

I actually just heard about this a few days ago from Tony. You'd think someone would have leaked this info out!

Bode fails again.

I had heard about it a little while back but forgotten that it was this weekend. That is until I drove up to the airport this morning and saw a B17 sitting on the ramp.

Back