Just would like to introduce myself first.

Discussion in 'Flight Following' started by Radek Wyrzykowski, Mar 24, 2022.

1. Radek Wyrzykowski

Radek Wyrzykowski Filing Flight Plan

Display name:
    Radek
    Radek Wyrzykowski - I was born in Poland in 1960. I came to the US as a political refugee. As a student in the 1980s in Poland, I became involved in the student independence movement. When the Polish government declared martial law in December 1981, I was imprisoned in January 1982. I came to the US in 1983. In January 2020, I was awarded by the Polish president the Cross of Freedom and Solidarity for my activities to benefit a free and democratic Poland.

I obtained my professional pilot degree from Mohawk Valley, under the SUNY Albany program, and have more than six thousand hours dual given. I was a chief flight instructor for Horizon Aviation Inc. from 2007 to 2009 and a chief flight instructor for Northampton Aeronautics from 2005 to 2007. I was a correspondent and contributor to a Polish general aviation magazine, PILOT Club, where I published many articles. I am a certified flight instructor, instrument and multiengine instructor, and award-winning author. My book "Becoming A CFI" was published in April of 2021. I am the founder and creator of the IMC Club and served as the president of that organization until 2015 when the program was acquired by the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA). I served as a Senior Program Manager - Flight Proficiency Programs at the EAA until February of this year. I had my employment with EAA separated since I had a very strong philosophical disagreement on what a non-profit aviation organization should be. Now, I am going back to rebuild what I started almost 12 years ago and what EAA tried to distort. I have always believed in the aviation community and its ability to come together for the greater good of helping each other to become proficient and 100% safe flyers. I am sick and tired of aviation politics and personal interests and gains over what is the right thing to do. I always like to surround myself with people who know more than me and have the expertise I may not have. We are not gods; we are just humans, and everybody is good at something else. I hope to be able to use this forum to ask for your help and your expertise going forward.

Ed Haywood likes this.
  2. sourdough44

sourdough44 En-Route

Display name:
    WI Flyer
    Welcome, nice that you signed up.

Radek Wyrzykowski likes this.
  3. WDD

WDD En-Route

Display name:
    Vintage Snazzy (so my adult children say)
    Witam, Jesteś tu zawsze mile widziany.

Radek Wyrzykowski likes this.
  4. Radek Wyrzykowski

Display name:
    Radek
    Thank you! :)

5. Radek Wyrzykowski

Display name:
    Radek
    Dziekuje! :))))

6. martym

martym Pre-takeoff checklist

Display name:
    martym
    Any chance you could reclaim the IMC club and resurrect it? A great idea which has been essentially killed off by EAA.

7. Radek Wyrzykowski

Display name:
    Radek
    I am doing just that :) plus more. It is going to be 2.0 program. Unfortunetaly it can't be called IMC Club. I will have some announcements in April but if you want to see me in action building it go to www.radeks.org

8. 455 Bravo Uniform

455 Bravo Uniform En-Route

Display name:
    455 Bravo Uniform
  9. Rgbeard

Rgbeard En-Route

Display name:
    rgbeard
    And what… you simply signed up here to air dirty laundry about the EAA? That’s how it appears to me.

10. AKBill

AKBill En-Route

Display name:
    AKBill
    Welcome to POA. Looking forward to reading your upcoming posts

11. Rgbeard

Rgbeard En-Route

Display name:
    rgbeard
    from what I have seen, thus far, I don’t yet share the sentiment. I see random pop-up axe-grinding with single-point questions that offer no context or background.

Kevin Holbrook and SkyDog58 like this.
  12. rk911

rk911 Line Up and Wait PoA Supporter

Display name:
    rk911
    Welcome to the board and a belated welcome to the USA.

13. AKBill

AKBill En-Route

Display name:
    AKBill
    Well it seems like he has a great deal of experience. Guess we will have to wait and see how things unfold

NoHeat likes this.
  14. GaryM

GaryM Pattern Altitude

Display name:
    Gary M
    Welcome!

15. FancyG

FancyG Pre-takeoff checklist

Display name:
    FancyG
    90158393-7B9A-467A-9354-A69995A63D05.jpeg
    laughs in nice job making it all about yourself, dude

16. Gary Ward

Gary Ward Line Up and Wait

Display name:
    Challenger1
    You seem to think highly of yourself?
    Don’t you think it would have been better to join and wait a while to post such things as you have?
    I don’t enjoy reading this kind of stuff. Maybe contribute for a while before you start these kinds of posts.
    You sound very bitter and that is not why I come here to read this kind of stuff.

17. DesertNomad

DesertNomad Pattern Altitude

Display name:
    DesertNomad
    Welcome and thank you for everything you did with IMC Club. I attend our local meetings every month.

18. Gary Ward

Gary Ward Line Up and Wait

Display name:
    Challenger1
    FYI, I have attended a couple IMC meetings at KLUK a few years ago, they were not very well attended. I didn't get much out of it honesty here in Cincinnati. Not sure if they still have them? I told my instructor about them and he was not a fan, so that didn't encourage me to keep going especially since there was only about 5 people there.

I also participated in 2 meetings in Columbus Ohio which were much more attended and I did get a little more out of them but not enough to keep driving to Columbus Ohio for them. I attended them before I earned my instrument rating.

Hope you stick around.

OneCharlieTango likes this.
  19. somorris

somorris En-Route

Display name:
    somorris
    Welcome, Radek. I worked with a Polish immigrant for years. He went through an experience in Poland very much like yours, even spending time in prison.