Just got back into flying.

thenewseverum

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Severum
Finally after 4 years of just on and off single formation flying lessons here and there I have enrolled in a LSA program and a local airfield by me that I used to fly with back when I was taking lessons with the C152. Now I'm flying the new Sport Cruiser, has anyone else here flown one of them? Im used to stick controls because I play so many flight sims with one it just comes naturally to me. That plane flies like a pro. Needs almost no runway to take off, handles extremely well even when its bumpy you can still manage to keep it straight. The cockpit is amazing, its got 2 glass screens which have the attitude indicator, air speed and altitude, and the other has the engine stats, its not a full glass cockpit as you would put it, The GPS is cool also. I'm hoping to get enough money closing out ponds for the winter to buy me a few lessons. I really want to get my certificate. I have 30 hours logged from previous flights. So lets all hope it goes well for me.

Good for getting back in the air. Let us know how the training progresses.

Haven't flown a SportCruiser (now the PiperSport) yet, but definitely want to. It's a really neat-looking airplane.

Of the LSA's I have flown, I was most impressed by the Evektor SportStar.

I have a friend who has a Sport Cruiser - has had it for a couple of years now and I have flown it with him a number of times. I like it. He has an auto pilot and some nice glass and he takes it from Alpine to Florida and other long X/C. Also, he lands it on a very remote rocky strip and it does fine.
Anyway, have fun with it and good luck finishing up.

Back