Just got back from OSH

flykelley

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
flykelley
Hi Gang
Wow is all I can say. I'm tired and glad to be home in my own bed. Camped in the North 40 with the Cessna group. I have been to Sun N Fun 4 times and Oshkosh is spread out alot more than Sun N Fun. Had a great time but not enough time to see everything. The new Cessna LSA is cool looking. The Beach Boys were great. On a sad note there was a fatal accident about three hours before we arrived. We got to Ripon and got to circle the lake for 2 laps. Got to go inbound with the controller telling everybody single file 1/2 miles between planes and listen up do not talk. Sounds simple, but some of our fellow pilots must not have heard the controller or readed the notam's. We got in ok and we were unpacking the tent in the north 40 and looked up just in time to see a C 172 sputter and then the engine quit right over runway 27, he had run out of gas but not luck. I do not get this we stopped in Racine Wis for fuel so when we got to Osh so we would have 3 hrs or so of fuel just in case things went south. How hard is that, to plan a fuel stop before OSH just to make sure you don't run out? Great time by everyone in our group, next year will have to plan a whole week up there. I'm tired and going to take a nap.

Regards Mike

Back