Just finished PPC, should I go right into IFR?

Yeah, I would say any question at all leave the wife at home, or have her meet you via airliner along the way and fly a day with you and fly home. It'll make it an "interesting and romantic" association with flying. It's really a lot of fun crossing the country down low seeing the sights, so it really is most fun VFR looking out the windows.

Very cool idea. Kinda eases her in, but makes her a part of something cool with flying. B)

I would do it right away. When I first received my PPL I had no difficulty flying by instruments under the hood, I was just as comfortable as I really hadn't yet developed intuitive habits of outside reference. Now after hundreds of hours of VFR flight I am very used to seeing the outside world, and have much more trouble under the hood than I used to.

I would do it right away. When I first received my PPL I had no difficulty flying by instruments under the hood, I was just as comfortable as I really hadn't yet developed intuitive habits of outside reference. Now after hundreds of hours of VFR flight I am very used to seeing the outside world, and have much more trouble under the hood than I used to.

That's why immersion courses really are best because you only have to overcome that once. For instrument training, I really am a proponent of the 7-10 day intense courses.

Back