Just Cut Over From Foreflight to Garmin Pilot

kontiki

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Kontiki
I guess this is a consumer report. I used Foreflight for a year, I liked them too. I had been looking at the GDL-39 product and with Garmins $50 offer, a subscription to Pilot made sense.

So far I like Pilot better than Foreflight.

Foreflight sectionals are sometimes hard to read where they seam together. Pilot sectionals look good. Pilot didn't have all the front matter in the chart books that I have found yet. I just download them in the pdf reader.

I recently renewed my FF subscription. I haven't yet found anything as intuitive to use as FF

I tried the demos on the Garmin, WingX and Foreflight along with a few others. There were things that I liked in each of them, but Foreflight's features and intuitive interface does it for me. I just renewed Foreflight again.

I recently renewed my FF subscription. I haven't yet found anything as intuitive to use as FF

I'm in the same boat. I've gotten used to FF, so I hate to change. It would have to be pretty awesome to make me change at this point.

I'm currently subscribed to both, and use Garmin the most in the cockpit, but FF is by far the superior product in terms OS usability and interface design. I hate having to constantly go through the menu to change modes in Garmin Pilot. With FF it's one tap to move between the map and the approach plate.

FF is also far superior on the flight planning side. I have not found any equivalent weather briefing capability in Pilot like I enjoy in FF.

I suspect I will be using both for some time to come. Debate now is GDL39 or Stratus. That decision will drive the ultimate decision later on if I decide to only have one subscription.

For now, there is a level of comfort in knowing I have two complete sets of charts on two separate hardware devices running two different software products. The odds of a glitch in both is much less than one or the other.

Foreflight wins for me every single time almost solely because of the support. It is constantly being updated and refined with new features. Cannot say the same for the others. I use FF the most.

Foreflight wins for me every single time almost solely because of the support. It is constantly being updated and refined with new features. Cannot say the same for the others. I use FF the most.

Garmin is making progress. They recently added more tech support staff and their bug fix turnaround has been impressive. They fixed a recent bug introduced in an OS upgrade within a day.

Back