Just bumped into my first flight plane...

Brian Austin

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Brian Austin
Weird. A friend and I were walking along the tie-downs at Deer Valley and looking at the planes. We run across a 2003 C172SP for sale. Wow, so soon? I looked inside. Nice plane, good condition, big screen MFD (the BK version). 1722 on the Hobbs. Ah, close to TBO, probably.

I step back to look at it...tail number looks familiar. Dingdingding! This was the plane I did my discovery flight in! Whoa.

Called the number and found out that yes, it was leased to my old flight school. The owner pulled it from the school due to some issues between them. His son had used it at the school but had since moved on to bigger planes.

How much? $145,000. Ouch. TAP evaluator agrees with the price, given the nicer avionics package.

I can buy a lot more plane, albeit older, for $145K. I'll pass.

Let'sgoflying! said:
Is that like 1700hrs in 2yrs? Hard workin bird.
Leaseback to a flight school.

Odd. The owner swears it's a 2003 but the registration shows 2002. And I distinctly remember it having 400+ hours when I got into it for the first time because we talked about Hobbs time vs tach time. That was Feb. 4, 2003.

Odd. The owner swears it's a 2003 but the registration shows 2002. And I distinctly remember it having 400+ hours when I got into it for the first time because we talked about Hobbs time vs tach time. That was Feb. 4, 2003.

Piper, Cessna, and others start shipping their 2003 models in the fall of 2002, just like car companies do.

Regards,
Joe

Are you having fun Scott?

Yeah; my C-172L 'Hawk is a 1971; however, manufactured in November of 1970 it's registered as a 1970;

HR

Back