Jumping a fence in my Cessna

Bob Bement

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Bob Bement
I am trying to post a video of some of my past flying experiences. This is a video of a visit to the Minam Lodge in NE Oregon. The landing strip at the Minam is about 2000 ft long and the takeoff down river is over some rather tall pine trees. The Reds Horse strip is about 100 yards up stream,and is 2800 ft. with a 500 ft overrun. So I takeoff upstream from the Minam and fly over the bend in the river and the fences and land at Reds. Keep in mind that this is an amature film and that I am getting older by the day. You have to use this url: www.Youtube.com/skybobb. The video is called "Jumping the fence at the Minam Lodge":hairraise:.

Bob, I'd say you've got this new-fangled Internet Youtube thing figured out quite well! I enjoyed it. Think you could be a good voice-over talent, too.

"Pilot's Lounge" :rofl:

-Rich

Frank--- Thanks, I like to mess around with them. I gives me something to do and I think some of the forum readers enjoy seeing other parts of the country. Here is an overhead picture of the two strips, taken on an early morning flight, into the Minam River country.

Attachments

• Red's and Minam landing strips (2).jpg
    Red's and Minam landing strips (2).jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 38
Bob you really fly in some of the most beautiful areas of the country. I am jealous.

55 seconds takeoff to landing. not bad. bob it looks like fun

I didn't look but I would guess about 75 at the fastest, but not for long. I went from two notches of flaps to four as I went over the last fence.

Damn....great flying, but man I need more experience before I try that!

BTW...I love the "woohaa" I heard on the video.

Damn....great flying, but man I need more experience before I try that!

BTW...I love the "woohaa" I heard on the video.

It really isn't that hard just add a couple more notches of flaps, and pull the throttle back a little and you are ready for a landing. I thought I had explained what we were going to do but I got a woohaa out of the back seat anyways. I guess this isn't a standard manuver. Bob

Back