Journal update

The Old Man

Line Up and Wait
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
The Old Man
A new chapter to the journal, along with 4 pages of pictures. Check it out!

Good stuff Bo!

I was wondering when you were going to add the next chapter. How do you like the addition of the GPS?

Kenny, it appears that the server is down. Try again later.

Gary, I am writing a "review" of flying with a GPS. What I like, what I don't. What I do differently now, etc.. Should be up next week.

Kenny, it appears that the server is down. Try again later.

Gary, I am writing a "review" of flying with a GPS. What I like, what I don't. What I do differently now, etc.. Should be up next week.
Bo, I shall try again. I'll also look forward to your view of GPS use.

The GPS essay is now up. Under Miscellaneous topics on the main page.

Glad to see your California adventure online! I saw your N-number pop up in the West on FlightAware a couple weeks back, and secretly hoped you'd update your blog with the story! Off to read....

EDIT: 3:40 CT now, spent a long time enjoying your story, following along on SkyVector.com. What a great trip!! Glad you got to scratch two things off your Bucket List! In the pics, there is a dog or something under your plane in one of the photos, but nothing in the story about him. Airport mutt??

Last edited:
The airport dog was the only thing around when we stopped for fuel at Wink. He "helped" me with the pumps and then disappeared.

The note on the FBO door (it was locked) gave instructions for turning on the pumps and said to leave your address and gallons pumped, and they would send a bill. Airplane people are a totally different breed.

Back