Jones can fly

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
took Chris Jones for a ride in a schweizer 2-22 today at the glider club. i flew the tow but he flew it from release to landing. i managed to screw him up on landing by goofing with the airbrakes but he did good. should be ready to solo in a few more flights! :D

got a picture on my camera, if only i knew where my camera was.

Ha! Yeah it was fun! Showed up after Young Eagles just to help get a few other people in the air, and Tony said "I should get you up there today." What else could I say but "SURE!" Very cool experience, indeed! Controls were pretty mushy - nothing at ALL like the RV (ha!), and once I teach myself to step AWAY from the string things should work a lot more smoothly.

All in all a fun experience, I might have to investigate this 'soaring' stuff more seriously this fall. :)

Ok, damn it. You are going to fool around and make ME WANT to do it. All I really wanted to do was TOW.

By the way, Chris, now that I am more or less in the neighborhood, when are you going to let me fly the RV??? LOL

greg, when you are here and we are flying gliders, you will have a ride. we can try to get you in the towplane too. or just put a hook on that Tcraft, bring it up to dubuque and then ill teach you to tow and you can tow me in my glider :yes:

Ok, damn it. You are going to fool around and make ME WANT to do it. All I really wanted to do was TOW.

LOL! That's what I was wanting -- I just wanted to tow the darn things, but now that I've flown one, I might have to learn to tow and BE towed. :)

LOL! That's what I was wanting -- I just wanted to tow the darn things, but now that I've flown one, I might have to learn to tow and BE towed. :)

its quite addicting. next thing you know you'll be looking for a single seater and flying cross country with Matt, Matt, and I. Heres a nice picture of Chris and I in Da Vinci just before takeoff.

Attachments

• DSC01641.JPG
    DSC01641.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
its quite addicting. next thing you know you'll be looking for a single seater and flying cross country with Matt, Matt, and I. Heres a nice picture of Chris and I in Da Vinci just before takeoff.

Yup, I told Rachel that if I got started with gliding, I'm the type of person that would be trying to go as far as possible. She and Leah will be calling each other -- "YOU go get them this time." "No YOU go get them this time!" ha!

Yup, I told Rachel that if I got started with gliding, I'm the type of person that would be trying to go as far as possible. She and Leah will be calling each other -- "YOU go get them this time." "No YOU go get them this time!" ha!

we decided last night that a gutted old school bus would be the perfect retrieve vehicle. you could fit two gliders in the bus and still pull a trailer behind!

im sure Rachel would love to come get you.

This seals it for Ed. If Chris is gonna get his anti-engine rating, then Ed needs to follow suit.

It's all a matter of keeping up with the Jones'.

Back