Job!!!

tdager

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
LittleIronPilot
I am an Information Security Consultant and my company, one of the fastest growing in the nation, is looking for a Jr. Consultant.

One must had an understanding of Information Security, an ability to work with both CEO's and techies, able to travel extensively, and work well both independently and as a team member.

If you know someone, or are interested yourself, please drop me a PM.

I would LOVE to have another aviator in the group!

JOB DESCRIPTION – Junior Security\IT Risk Consultant

We are looking for a junior security/IT risk consultant with strong experience in IT Security and assessments and the ability to travel up to 100%. This individual will be responsible for assessing technical, administrative and physical controls bases on various regulations or standards at the client sites. Ideally, the candidate should have an IT infrastructure or security background with detailed technical skills.
  • 2 to 3 years of information technology experience required. Desired experience should include a foundation in IT security and controls.
  • While experience in a number of IT disciplines may provide a solid framework for this position, hands-on results from performing IT risk assessments, information security consulting or IT audits are most beneficial.
  • Technical or professional certifications, such as CISA or CISSP, are a plus.
  • Bachelor's degree required, preferably in computer science or information systems.
  • Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
  • Experience or knowledge in the following regulations or standards would be a plus:
    • NCUA
    • GLBA
    • HIPAA
    • Sarbanes Oxley
    • NERC
    • ISO 17799
  • Understanding of specific IT security technologies and processes:
    • IP Network architecture and technology, protocols, routing
    • Web Applications: ASP, .Net, PHP, JSP and CGI
    • Firewalls; configuration and rule maintenance
    • Remote access facilities; VPN, RAS, thin-client
    • Vulnerability and general security analysis tools; e g. nmap, Nessus, Ethereal, Nikto, GFI
    • Latest hacking techniques and counter measures, e.g., DDoS, buffer overflow attacks, worms
  • Experience of following technologies is highly desirable
    • Microsoft: XP, 2003, 2000, IIS
    • Unix; Solaris and Linux variants
    • Cryptography and PKI: algorithms, applicability and strength, key management
    • Directory services; LDAP, MS AD
    • 802.11 wireless
  • Able to work on multiple projects concurrently, manage time effectively, and require minimal supervision in the execution of a project.
  • Must possess strong analytical capabilities and have a desire to learn new things.
  • Must be able to travel up to 100%

Shame you're not looking for a senior guy - I've got 4+ years of college (no degree) 18 years experience, PMP, CISSP for several cycles, 10 years in federal law enforcement, and would be interested.

My salary requirements are in the low 6 figures and may be negotiated based on cost of living at principal place of performance. Business related travel by general aviation (owned or rented) permitted and reimbursed at operating cost or GSA mileage not to exceed the cost of making the same trip by airline.

Now I've got no problem finding employers willing to meet my salary requirements, but most larger companies have a problem with the travel by little airplanes. Fortunately my current job requires no travel, and hasn't yet excluded GA.

The Cessna IT job(s) in Wichita are interesting enough that I'll send them a resume and see if I make the cut for an interview.

Last edited:
What's so sad about this is it's inflitrated all of IT.

Wanted: someone with senior level experience willing to take junior pay ...

gkainz said:

One of favorites was long ago when an ad specified a minimum of 7 years of Novell experience....when Novell had only been in business for 4 years.

TMetzinger said:
Shame you're not looking for a senior guy - I've got 4+ years of college (no degree) 18 years experience, PMP, CISSP for several cycles, 10 years in federal law enforcement, and would be interested.

My salary requirements are in the low 6 figures and may be negotiated based on cost of living at principal place of performance. Business related travel by general aviation (owned or rented) permitted and reimbursed at operating cost or GSA mileage not to exceed the cost of making the same trip by airline.

Now I've got no problem finding employers willing to meet my salary requirements, but most larger companies have a problem with the travel by little airplanes. Fortunately my current job requires no travel, and hasn't yet excluded GA.

The Cessna IT job(s) in Wichita are interesting enough that I'll send them a resume and see if I make the cut for an interview.

I understand Tim, however I can honestly say we are "Sr." heavy right now, heck I am one of them!

gkainz said:

Actually though, only to be a little defensive of my company, the requirements are very basic and minimal for a fresh college grad and are on par with KPMG, D&T, and the other big consulting firms.

The big difference is that we are a small group...tight and easy going with a lot of autonomy.

mikea said:
One of favorites was long ago when an ad specified a minimum of 7 years of Novell experience....when Novell had only been in business for 4 years.

Yeah, I saw a newspaper ad wanting four years of Java experience.

In 1994.

Six weeks before Java was officially released. :rolleyes:

tdager said:
Actually though, only to be a little defensive of my company, the requirements are very basic and minimal for a fresh college grad and are on par with KPMG, D&T, and the other big consulting firms.

The big difference is that we are a small group...tight and easy going with a lot of autonomy.
Sorry, Tom - didn't mean to sound sarcastic. I guess I'm just seriously jaded. The requirements read like fairly senior experience levels to my untrained eye. Best of luck!

I would be happy to get a applicant that doesnt smoke crack.

gkainz said:

It's not just IT. It's accounting, banking, const mgmt, etc. Basically, any professional position.

Richard said:
It's not just IT. It's accounting, banking, const mgmt, etc. Basically, any professional position.
In IT, it's because we're competing against off-shored labor and sharply increased H-1B Visa workers... same in the other industries, or just because CEO Bob needs more millions $$ in his pocket?

Tom,

I'm gonna run down the interstate and check into the Holiday Inn Express for the night. I'll get back with you tomorrow.

Ken :goofy:

Say, what's happening with the GPA situation?

Ken,

The GPA has ben a bit slow due to my schedule right now. The end of the year is brutal as far as travel and work for us.

I am still working on it though. I did talk to a few of the senior leadership with the Colorado Pilots Assocation to get some ideas and such.

Back