JetBlue Email

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
I am going to post this whole message because i cant supply you all a link to my email... I recently purchased tickets for a JB flight, and so i guess i am on their list of customers.

Dear JetBlue Customers,

We are sorry and embarrassed. But most of all, we are deeply sorry.

Last week was the worst operational week in JetBlue's seven year history. Following the severe winter ice storm in the Northeast, we subjected our customers to unacceptable delays, flight cancellations, lost baggage, and other major inconveniences. The storm disrupted the movement of aircraft, and, more importantly, disrupted the movement of JetBlue's pilot and inflight crewmembers who were depending on those planes to get them to the airports where they were scheduled to serve you. With the busy President's Day weekend upon us, rebooking opportunities were scarce and hold times at 1-800-JETBLUE were unacceptably long or not even available, further hindering our recovery efforts.

Words cannot express how truly sorry we are for the anxiety, frustration and inconvenience that we caused. This is especially saddening because JetBlue was founded on the promise of bringing humanity back to air travel and making the experience of flying happier and easier for everyone who chooses to fly with us. We know we failed to deliver on this promise last week.

We are committed to you, our valued customers, and are taking immediate corrective steps to regain your confidence in us. We have begun putting a comprehensive plan in place to provide better and more timely information to you, more tools and resources for our crewmembers and improved procedures for handling operational difficulties in the future. We are confident, as a result of these actions, that JetBlue will emerge as a more reliable and even more customer responsive airline than ever before.

Most importantly, we have published the JetBlue Airways Customer Bill of Rights—our official commitment to you of how we will handle operational interruptions going forward—including details of compensation. I have a video message to share with you about this industry leading action.

You deserved better—a lot better—from us last week. Nothing is more important than regaining your trust and all of us here hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you onboard again soon and provide you the positive JetBlue Experience you have come to expect from us.

From some interviews I have seen with their founder I believe his message.

Mark B

Looking at their bill of rights, I say this is a good start.
"Customers who are involuntarily denied boarding shall receive $1,000."

Take note southwest. Sack up AA.
I commend Jet Blue for doing this.

Yeah, he said he was "humiliated and embarrassed" about what happened - I believe him, and I appreciate their response to this mess. I'll certainly consider them should I be forced into entering a cigar tube to fly somewhere the train (which is cool) won't take me. :)

This is a level of responsiblity that is refreshing in the sector. Let's see how they manage their way out of this one.

If Neeleman can turn this around, and continue to grow his airline, this will be a case study before too long. I can promise you that...

Cheers,

-Andrew
who was so, so painfully pessimistic on JBLU yesterday

Last edited:
GROUND DELAYS

For customers who experience a Ground Delay for more than 5 hours, JetBlue will take necessary action so that customers may deplane. JetBlue will also provide customers experiencing a Ground Delay with food and drink, access to restrooms and, as necessary, medical treatment.

I really think this needs to read a more reasonable time like 2hrs or 3hrs maximum. Sitting in a metal tube with 200+ people, no AC, Few beverages, and 1 bathroom per 50 people for more than 2-3hrs is unacceptable to me.

GROUND DELAYS

For customers who experience a Ground Delay for more than 5 hours, JetBlue will take necessary action so that customers may deplane. JetBlue will also provide customers experiencing a Ground Delay with food and drink, access to restrooms and, as necessary, medical treatment.

I really think this needs to read a more reasonable time like 2hrs or 3hrs maximum. Sitting in a metal tube with 200+ people, no AC, Few beverages, and 1 bathroom per 50 people for more than 2-3hrs is unacceptable to me.

LOL..... I guess you never flew out of LGA?????

Most flights sit for 2-3 hrs there :goofy: :goofy:

LOL..... I guess you never flew out of LGA?????

Most flights sit for 2-3 hrs there :goofy: :goofy:
Nope. I've only flown commercial once (to go back to Alaska after driving my Truck towing my Van from there so I could go back and get my plane and fly it back) since I got my PPL.

I'm betting they made note of the public relations hit taken by American. This was their chance to step ahead and take responsibility as well as a commitment to provide better service. Their people will be pushed to provide more and better service as a result of this.

Time will tell.

Now if Congress would just take the JB Passenger Bill of Rights and
write it into law for all airlines things would be cool. But that's just
not going to happen because there's too much airline money making
it's way to their bank accounts.

RT

Nah, ORD is worse. ORD is where departures go to die.

Cheers,

-Andrew
who hates flying through ORD

They're both close to a tie, in my book. You've never lived 'till you been at the rear end of an 80 aircraft line... waiting to takeoff on a 40 minute flight (JFK)... and then hitting minimum fuel when you get to #2.

ORD's equally bad. I seriously dislike ORD.

Looking at their bill of rights, I say this is a good start.
"Customers who are involuntarily denied boarding shall receive $1,000."

Take note southwest. Sack up AA.
I commend Jet Blue for doing this.

Interesting...

It's a pretty easy bet most of the time. Offer up a free round trip ticket to another passenger to make a seat available and you've avoided paying out the $1k.

They're both close to a tie, in my book. You've never lived 'till you been at the rear end of an 80 aircraft line... waiting to takeoff on a 40 minute flight (JFK)... and then hitting minimum fuel when you get to #2.

ORD's equally bad. I seriously dislike ORD.

Ugh, ugh, ugh. I spent 2 hours parked on the ramp at ORD last summer, it was 98F out and they had to shut off all but one A/C pack. I also spent 2 hours sitting on the ground in PIT before departure of my first leg for "sequencing".

Thankfully, I get to fly out of BOS and rarely ever hit JFK. In fact, I stopped flying through LGA (connecting to PIT) last year after a nightmare trying to get back home when some +TSRA came through.

Cheers,

-Andrew

It's good to see JetBlue step up.

They get the:

sealapp.jpg

Hehe, you should pose for their commercials. Just put a plane in the background.

Back