Jet Value (not ValuJet)

gibbons

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iRide
A friend of mine is in a partnership which owns two jets; a Falcon 10 and a Citation 500 (OK, one jet and a Citation). The partnership is splitting up - some people getting out, others coming in, etc. - and they need a true market value on both jets.

Who out there does this kind of thing and what can they expect to pay for this service?

Chip

Last edited:
gibbons said:
A friend of mine is in a partnership which owns two jets; a Falcon 10 and a Citation 500 (OK, one jet and a Citation). The partnership is splitting up - some people getting out, others coming in, etc. - and they need a true market value on both jets.

Who out there does this kind of thing and what can they expect to pay for this service?

Chip

You do it just like anything else, you comp them out. It's a bit more difficult with a jet than a house since you have all the life limited components that you have to pro-rate the value of. For a deal such as they are talking about, I would go with 3 professional independant appraisals and see what shakes out from there. I'd charge about $1500 per plane, lots of research time going through the logs, AD & SB lists, shopping overhaul/replacement costs of life limit components....

Back