Jepp Updates

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
I subscribe to the Jeppesen Airway Manual Service for the Northeast. Every month they send about two updates with Chart Notams ( now called chart changes) and other fun stuff. About once a year sometimes more sometimes less I get a Low Alt enroute chart. I get about 4 charts double sided along wtih a planning chart.

Once a year they send a check list for you to review to see if your missing something or if something is not current. I think you get to replace upto 40 charts free at least I hope they are. For the first time I find that I have two low altitude enroute charts that are out of date. For some reason they never sent the updates NE1-NE2 and 47-48. These of course are the charts I use most.

You are supposed to send back the check list along with the expired charts for replacement. They say to expect 4-6 weeks for delivery of the new charts. That is rediculous!!!! My subscription is basically useless without those charts. 4-6 WEEKS:mad: .

Are they just covering their butts or is that really how long it takes? Any one every encountered this situation. I didn't loose these charts they NEVER sent them to me. Grrrrrrrr.

Adam, if you call them and wade through the call queue, the usually just send 'em to you. You really DO need the NE1-2 where you are. Sigh.

I had to replace a couple of charts. A phone call got them to me in a timely fashion. It was about five years ago.

Having such a long wait time seems pretty far out there considering how much luck I've had and heard from others on their customer service. I'd bet you would get immediate service if you called per Bruce's suggestion.

Back