Jepp gets sued by the ACLU

Status
Not open for further replies.
all my students are right, reading that big fat Private Pilot book IS torture!

What, the CIA had Jepp data cards in the planes used in the flights? Who's next -- Rand-McNally for "allowing" their maps to be used?:rolleyes:

Now that FSS is privatized, I'm surprised they didn't sue LM! One of the consequences of privativing inherently governmental services!

If Jep prevails (and, they should!), can we celebrate by throwing Jep books at ACLU lawyers? I kid! :D

I somehow can't ever picture the ACLU stepping in to protect the rights of any pilot. I'm sure they didn't want to step in for Rush Limbaugh but they had little choice given how many "little people" such a decision could affect.

This is another reason for having a "loser pays" system.

If Jep prevails (and, they should!), can we celebrate by throwing Jep books at ACLU lawyers? I kid! :D

I somehow can't ever picture the ACLU stepping in to protect the rights of any pilot. I'm sure they didn't want to step in for Rush Limbaugh but they had little choice given how many "little people" such a decision could affect.

This is another reason for having a "loser pays" system.
This is teetering on the edge of politics, and this ain't the Spin Zone -- don't do it here.

Hmmm... Let's also sue:
The makers of the airframes and engines, including their component suppliers.
The entire sales/distribution/refining/drilling/exploration chain of the fuel.
All the flight crew, service crews, (and their parents too!)

Oh, and let's name God (by whatever name you wish), for the fact that we only have one sun and that the planet rotates. After all, if it didn't rotate, and we had another sun or two, we wouldn't have night, and these nefarious acts would have had to take place in the bright light of day, rather than the cover of darkness.

This is teetering on the edge of politics, and this ain't the Spin Zone -- don't do it here.
Sorry, my thought process borders on it. The ACLU picks its battles that most benefit their political agenda. While they claim it's for the civil rights of those affected, I have a hard time seeing that here or in most of their cases.

This particular time, their going after a company that exist for the benefit of pilots. We, as pilots, use Jep products in one form or another from the moment we first decide to fly until we fly west. I sincerely do not like seeing such a company being affected by such a law suit.

ACLU lawyer: "We need to go to Seattle right away."

ACLU corporate pilot: "Uh, we can't."

ACLU lawyer: "Why?"

ACLU corp. pilot: "No approach plates or nav database info."

ACLU lawyer: "Huh? Why not?"

ACLU corp. pilot: "The company who printed them, you sued out of business."

Any and all mention of the ACLU screams out Spin Zone.

I said it before and I'll say it now; kick ACLU off the planet. C'mon, it'll be fun.

I can't think of a single decent thing the ACLU has done since their last good deed which involved black rights in the 60s.

Since then they've done nothing more than mininterpret the US Constitution and make a mockery of our court system.

This act is not going to change my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back