((^&**&& Java

pmanton

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
N1431A
What is with the Java update ??? It keeps interrupting wanting to update ad nauseam. This even though the **&^* Java was updated days ago.

Do I even want or need Java? How can I tell it that the stupid program is indeed updated ?

Thanks

Paul
Salome, AZ

You can turn the updates off in the control panel. Look for the java icon in there and click around.

Turing off the updates is a really bad idea, considering they're almost all security updates because Oracle still can't get Java's **** together. If it's saying it wants to install the same version, that's a problem a removal and reinstall will probably fix. I bet if you look close, those are all new versions. Java has been on a roll as far as the number of upgrades and problems it has for a while now. Bested only by Adobe crap that's worse.

Turing off the updates is a really bad idea, considering they're almost all security updates because Oracle still can't get Java's **** together. If it's saying it wants to install the same version, that's a problem a removal and reinstall will probably fix. I bet if you look close, those are all new versions. Java has been on a roll as far as the number of upgrades and problems it has for a while now. Bested only by Adobe crap that's worse.

I have seen the same one try to install over and over, it was a piece of malware that was preventing the 'patch' against the malware from installing.

Or you could automatically get a nasty zero day exploit with no patch.

Update when you need, turn that nagging piece of **** off.

Been developing java since 1997 with nary a security problem.

Back