I've seen the light!

Wagondriver

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
375Taylor
I now know why people want to avoid certificated airplanes. Between dealing with Garmin, authorized dealers, and paperwork, I'm pretty fed up.
One of my airplanes is a certified craft, its getting two G5's, a 430w, and a new panel. I thought the place I bought the equipment from was a dealer, turns out no. One G5 has a bad battery, the 430 has outdated software. There is only one Garmin dealer within 130 miles of me, they are busy enough they don't respond to messages. The next nearest dealer, 140 miles away direct where I have to go to 14,500 to get there, says they can update my software 5 weeks from now. But, its not legal for me to fly there anyway with an expired pitot static check. Thats assuming that in late March, that I could actually get there without going IFR, without a working attitude indicator or HSI or 430, but I don't have oxygen anyway and MEA is 16,000.
Only a Garmin dealer can update the 430, without the update the G5 won't calibrate the gmu11, and does not feed correct information to the HSI.

A VFR only, simple plane sounds pretty good right now! An experimental one, where I can ask questions without getting attitude from the equipment manufacturers sounds really good!

Back