Ive been in the C152 for 12 hrs., now the Remos

markstanco

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Mark
Our club just picked up an 08 loaded Remos with 110 hours on the Hobbs. Everybody in the club needs a check ride in it by one of the CFI's, so I said what the heck.

Wow, that plane is such a blast to fly! On our first landing I missed the numbers on a 5200' by 50 feet or so (not bad). Jacked around with the carb heat, backed the flaps out, and full throttle. I pulled up at Vx and started to climb. CFI watched for the end of the runway and when we got there....630 AGL with a 4 knot HW.

If you get a chance to get in to one, its a must.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

I see Texas as part of your profile, but where in Texas?

One of the fastest airplanes off the ground,really enjoyed the few hours I had in a remos.

I got checked out in the GX almost a year ago. It left the flight school a couple of weeks after my checkout so I only got to fly it once, but I didn't really care for it all that much... I learned to fly in the Tecnam Eaglet, so I was used to the fun-to-fly aspect of the lighter, nimbler airplane, and the Remos (ours maybe?) had a couple of quirks. First of all, whenever you slowed the plane into the white arc, you got a buffet that was very similar to a pre-stall buffet. It was weird. And then, if you pulled the left-hand throttle to idle with too much force, the engine would quit. Plus it's slower than the Eaglet.

Basically, I thought that everything the Remos does is done better by the Eaglet.

I got checked out in the GX almost a year ago. It left the flight school a couple of weeks after my checkout so I only got to fly it once, but I didn't really care for it all that much... I learned to fly in the Tecnam Eaglet, so I was used to the fun-to-fly aspect of the lighter, nimbler airplane, and the Remos (ours maybe?) had a couple of quirks. First of all, whenever you slowed the plane into the white arc, you got a buffet that was very similar to a pre-stall buffet. It was weird. And then, if you pulled the left-hand throttle to idle with too much force, the engine would quit. Plus it's slower than the Eaglet.

Basically, I thought that everything the Remos does is done better by the Eaglet.

The buffet is odd. The plane stays fairly flat but you are dropping.

Our center and left throttle work great. Sorry you had a bad experience. With my few hours and lack of access to an eaglet I will have to take your word that your choice of the two is a better aircraft.

I don't see this as a XC plane unless I was on a trip by myself no longer than a few days.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I instruct in a Remos GX and love it. Performs great, great fuel burn, great trainer, and reasonably comfortable.

The buffet is odd. The plane stays fairly flat but you are dropping.

Our center and left throttle work great. Sorry you had a bad experience. With my few hours and lack of access to an eaglet I will have to take your word that your choice of the two is a better aircraft.

I don't see this as a XC plane unless I was on a trip by myself no longer than a few days.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

It's totally a personal preference. I know that the plane I flew had its quirks and that it wasn't representative of all Remoses (Remi?) out there. Also, it could have been that I learned in the Eaglet, so I became partial to it. If you get the chance to fly an Eaglet, do it and decide for yourself which you like better! :)

My dad has a GTX and I really like the airplane. Interior looks like a Porsche and great fit and finish on the whole airframe. Nice light controls, good climb performance and right at 120kts cruise. It is one of the few light sports that has a decent useful load. Full fuel still leaves almost 500lb payload. I wish I lived closer to him so I could fly it more often. Don

My dad has a GTX and I really like the airplane. Interior looks like a Porsche and great fit and finish on the whole airframe. Nice light controls, good climb performance and right at 120kts cruise. It is one of the few light sports that has a decent useful load. Full fuel still leaves almost 500lb payload. I wish I lived closer to him so I could fly it more often. Don

I take it he has his prop pitched for cruise? Ours is pitched for climb, and if we see 110ktas, we're doing reaallly good.

You must have been pretty sore after getting out of that C152 you spent 12 hours in ;)

Dont you talk about my training girl like that!! I heart her. :) But yea. 6'4" is tough in a 152. I feel like I am a contortionist when I climb in. CFI? 6'5" Good times.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

Back