It was awful

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
Today I flew for the first time since winging back after taking Henning to Vegas. Just five laps in the pattern to get the oil temp up for an oil change.

My landings sucked although my last was an incredible short field landing. Twr had to ask twice to be certain I really had cleared at the very first taxiway.

I bumbled my radio calls, my ground track in the patt mostly sucked, & I kept missing my target altitudes on base and final.

The problem started before I got to the airport and I never made the correction; this flight I didn't plan on flying so I didn't rehearse my plan (the plan I didn't have) prior to start-up.

The fact that I even survived and didn't break anything means I really am the World's Greatest Pilot. Today I proved I can be the WGP and still act like a low time student.

It's just like that sometimes, I reckon. Sometimes it works, others it doesn't, and there's no knowing which is gonna be which. I've just given up and admitted I'm just human and try to not kill myself or others. :)

That's alright...we all do it, especially after laying off. While my touchdowns are OK my pattern work is still really rusty after the two months off for my surgery in December, and here it is April. Gonna do touch and goes every night this week if the weather cooperates.

Back