Is this the last Gastons?

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
So I'm deciding whether to budget for Gastons next year or not....is this the last Gastons? I'd heard some people say it would be their last trek....

Perhaps a better question: Who plans, neglecting all outside factors, to go next year?

So I'm deciding whether to budget for Gastons next year or not....is this the last Gastons? I'd heard some people say it would be their last trek....

Perhaps a better question: Who plans, neglecting all outside factors, to go next year?

I've not heard of it ending--I hope it's still on. Last year was the first trek for the family, they're all coming this year, and the kids are hoping it becomes an annual tradition for us.

If it's on, we'll be there.

I have seen no indication that no one is planning to go in 2010.

Was there a TSA announcement I missed? Strip searches by the dam or something?

Best,

Dave

Gastons will live on..and there will be plenty of people there in 2010. No worries. Not sure where you got this idea. Perhaps one person might not be there..but that's it.

It is, most assuredly, NOT the last Gaston's Fly-In. Each year , it has gotten better (which is not the same as "bigger").

But you need to be there...

I plan to be there next year. Either in a cessna or an archer, maybe even a Diamond,... I"ll get there somehow.

I plan to be there next year. Either in a cessna or an archer, maybe even a Diamond,... I"ll get there somehow.

Me too!!!

No more surgery, I don't care if its hot, I'll fly in the spam can if I have to but I will be making the Gastons trip. I will not be denied a third year!!!:nono:

Whew.....I do feel a little better after typing all that.:rolleyes:

I have booked all the rooms Gaston's has available for 2010 through 2015.
If you want one, you will have to ctc me.
Current market prices are $1K/night.

(Gaston's fly-in is not going away soon)

...and he rented the dam, too!

I'm planning on being there next year (at least, assuming this year is as much fun as I expect it to be).

I really would like to make at least one more trip to Gaston's. I enjoyed the two trips I made. I am going to make a special effort to get back there 2010. That is a long X-country from Oregon. :blueplane:

Attachments

• scan0011.jpg
    scan0011.jpg
    430 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I really would like to make at least one more trip to Gaston's. I enjoyed the two trips I made. I am going to make a special effort to get back there 2010. That is a long X-country from Oregon. :blueplane:

By God, Bob, I'll see you there!

By God, Bob, I'll see you there!

Spike, I am going to try to talk my grandson into flying back to Gaston's with me next year. He thinks he wants to get his license and that would be a great trip for us both. He is 24 and just finished up at ASU. I will work on that, as I would like to see all of you again.

Bob

Nobody says you have to do it the hard way. Ride the smoker to Dallas and the rest will take care of itself. There's more than one polished aluminum Cessna headed that way.

So, maybe whoever said that this year might be the last Gastons...maybe whoever said it was thinking, "Skip Gastons! I'm going straight to the dam!"

So, maybe whoever said that this year might be the last Gastons...maybe whoever said it was thinking, "Skip Gastons! I'm going straight to the dam!"

Just READING that gives me a low-grade hangover... :D

I have booked all the rooms Gaston's has available for 2010 through 2015.
If you want one, you will have to ctc me.
Current market prices are $1K/night.

(Gaston's fly-in is not going away soon)
And I blocked out every room in Mountain Home...only $800 a night.

I sure hope it's on in 2010. We can't make it this year (my niece's college graduation in Michigan takes precedence, dang it) -- but we're hoping to be there next year...

Back