Is this a viable option?

Tarheel Pilot

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Tarheel Pilot
Ok, so I originally had plans to build a completely new computer, but then funds got tight on me. I still want a "new" system, but now I'm wondering if I can't just update my current computer with a new motherboard, with a new CPU with more memory, update the power supply, and a new hard drive, and a new video card. What do you guys think?

basically putting the data tag on a new plane? You're pretty much keeping what? The case? Last pc I built cost me more than just buying one ... not a gamer so no need for anything special, really. Off the shelf would have worked just fine for me.

Ok, so I originally had plans to build a completely new computer, but then funds got tight on me. I still want a "new" system, but now I'm wondering if I can't just update my current computer with a new motherboard, with a new CPU with more memory, update the power supply, and a new hard drive, and a new video card. What do you guys think?

New motherboard probably means NEW memory, not more memory (probably a different type). New power supply might mean new chassis (is the system you current have fully ATX compliant?).

The only thing I see you keeping is your optical drive. You can buy a DVD burner now for about $30

You can buy a case for about $30

Man I really need a job lol, but it's hard to even get one. Which is sad since I have a 4 year degree now.

Back