Is the Garmin GLO compatible with WingX

SkyVoyager

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
SkyVoyager
I bought myself an iPad mini wifi as an early Christmas present. I didn't get the cellular version as I figured I could use my iPad 3's hotspot for data and use my Stratus for ADS-B and GPS to Foreflight.

Right now I have both Foreflight and WingX. I seem to go back and forth between them. Ignoring the fact I won't get ADS-B to WingX, I didn't even consider I couldn't get GPS from Stratus for WingX as well.

So...I have two options... Return the mini for a celluar version or buy an external Bluetooth GPS to provide the data. I like how the Garmin GLO functions, but I'm not sure there is positive proof it works with WingX.

Does anyone have experience with this setup?

Thanks!

I'm not sure. Garmin in the early days had a habit of using only dedicated Garmin code strings so you could only use Garmin devices with other Garmin devices or software. They quit doing that a ways back and added the NMEA and other code strings to the output. I'd imagine this new device is a multi string device as well.

I'm not sure. Garmin in the early days had a habit of using only dedicated Garmin code strings so you could only use Garmin devices with other Garmin devices or software. They quit doing that a ways back and added the NMEA and other code strings to the output. I'd imagine this new device is a multi string device as well.

I noticed in the reviews on Amazon that someone had successfully used it with Foreflight. I'm hopeful it will work with WingX.

I got one for Christmas, at the beginning I was unable to have it reliably work inside WingX. I sent a message to Hilton software and they replied with 2 methods to try to fix the situation. (It seems there is an issue with iOS 6 and external GPS systems sometimes.)

Method 1 worked beautifully and my GLO tracks great with WingX. I have only done one local flight with it but it had no issues. I'll let you know if I have any issues with it.

Back