• Nov 07 prices + $0.25/gal

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nov 07 prices + $0.50/gal

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Nov 07 prices + $1.00/gal

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Nov 07 prices + >$1.00/gal

Votes: 28 56.0%
  • My bird doesn't burn gas/jet-a. (solar, H2, nuclear, etc)

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It is about to get me out of flying because of several factors. When my wife says she needs a new embroider machine, as long as I fly a $50,000 airplane, I can't tell her we can't afford it! So as sthe prices of everything goes up and my retirement income remains the same, something has to go.:mad:

higher fuel prices keep me from pushing the power up as much as I might otherwise, those last 10 kts just aren't worth it.

but generally speaking we fly when we need to get somewhere, and flying is still by far the best way to travel

Not yet....but if it keeps up I will be flying a LOT less.

Does anybody know how long mid octane unleaded auto gas can be stored and if any additives must be mixed in. What happens if it eventually goes bad to be unuseable for aircraft? Thanks in advance.

Way back when... I got my CFII partly in order to get airborne in regular aircraft on someone elses dime. As time went on that wasn't enough, so I had to build an amphibious STOL in order to do the type of flying I like. No matter what the purchase costs, fuel flow rates have always been an issue in flight so using a highly efficient and powerful enigine is a no-brainer.

There will always be someone who wants to go flying and who can afford it, whether for 1 flight lesson or a dozen.

Last edited:
Back