Is Dan Gryder the biggest asset to aviation on youtube?

The DTSB accident reviews, whether his assessments are correct or not he examines and speculates on accidents weekly, very helpful.
I've no idea how malicious, uninformed speculation helps anyone, but if you get something out of it, great. There's a reason he winds up deleting so many videos though.

⬆️ have a little hint of the libel to them. Care to share some facts?

4, 5, 7 were on his channel. 6 I witnessed live and ran (along with probably 20 people) to the crash site not knowing what I was going to find.

I liked the AQP stuff he put out. But I quit him when he removed wreckage (aircraft parts IIRC) from the site of a 182 crash.

If you want accident coverage and thoughtful discussion, BeechTalk is some of the best I've ever seen. It's really the only reason I'm a member over there.

I quit him when he removed wreckage (aircraft parts IIRC) from the site of a 182 crash.
He also removed obstruction lights from the impact site of another crash, in Burley ID, where the young woman was killed.

There was the time he crashed a C150 and did a DTSB episode on it.

I think he speculated the student pilot was the pilot flying.

He also removed obstruction lights from the impact site of another crash, in Burley ID, where the young woman was killed.

The flight recreation attempt that ended up into a real world scud running of their own, was my personal favorite. You couldn't write up a script with such fluid irony. That stuff had mad comedic value. The camera angles of that Matthau and Lemmon clownshow stuffed into that 210, peering out the increasingly obscuring windshield of that lawnmower. Just solid gold *chef's kiss*

That said, I find others much more insufferable/corny. But that's my guilty pleasure, so I'll reserve name-dropping. :D

I like Dan, I think he gets lots of flack because he talks like how men used to talk generations past, younger people who were raised by females often take offense to those types of mannerisms and get along better with much more soft spoken and a passive female like speakers, or at least that has been my experience, I was raised by my father, many of my friends were raised by their mothers and it’s notable what offends some of my friends yet I need to read off them how something that didn’t even register with me was somehow offensive

Dan has also been messed with badly with his DC3 innicident

Last edited:
I like Dan, I think he gets lots of flack because he talks like his men used to talk generations past, younger people who were raised my females often take offense to those types of mannerisms and get along better with much more soft spoken and a passive female like speakers, or at least that has been my experience, I was raised by my father, many of my friends were raised by their mothers and it’s notable why what offends some of my friends yet I need to read off them how something that didn’t even register with me was somehow offensive

Dan has also been messed with badly with his DC3 innicident

I don't mind a gruff or blunt way of speaking. In fact, I oftentimes even appreciate it, as it is significantly harder to misunderstand. That said, I do mind his twisting the truth so it fits the narrative he came up with for an accident.

I don't mind a gruff or blunt way of speaking. In fact, I oftentimes even appreciate it, as it is significantly harder to misunderstand. That said, I do mind his twisting the truth so it fits the narrative he came up with for an accident.
Like the copilot shot the pilot? (Citation crash in Nashville). It’s hard to reference these because the videos have disappeared.

Do you also mind reading NTSB and FAA reports, because they do the same thing

Ah, I remember now… it was the Weigh Down church in Brentwood TN. Dan did an exposé Hollywood style with little relevance to the Citation accident. Toward the end he talked about someone shooting up that church. That video vanished abruptly. I think that’s around the time he went entertainment vs. aviation with his YouTube channel. The DB Cooper thing was well done and you have to admire his energy. As far as sleuthing accidents, not a good track record.

I like Dan, I think he gets lots of flack because he talks like how men used to talk generations past

I didn't see anyone here complaining about his style of speaking. The complaints are about bad information, bad advice, shading the truth and stealing things from accident sites. None of those are concerns about whether or not he's a caveman.

I didn't see anyone here complaining about his style of speaking. The complaints are about bad information, bad advice, shading the truth and stealing things from accident sites. None of those are concerns about whether or not he's a caveman.

I haven’t seen much of that on the videos I’ve watched of him, his points seem pretty on point

Wow, i don't even disagree with gryder takes every time, but suggesting 'mothers raise soft men' is the reason people take exception to his antics? that's pro level white knighting, with a super sized serving of rank gaslighting thrown in for good measure. Lol.

Do you also mind reading NTSB and FAA reports, because they do the same thing

I mind everything that does that, whether that's news sites, youtube videos, government reports or internet posters who don't know the full story but think they do.

Wow, i don't even disagree with gryder takes every time, but suggesting 'mothers raise soft men' is the reason people take exception to his antics? that's pro level white knighting, with a super sized serving of rank gaslighting thrown in for good measure. Lol.

I don’t know those words, but they sound very trendy, gas lights, white knights, it sounds like a fun fantasy book and it also does go to show my point in people communicating differently

It’s a fact, more people are raised by women, it’s a fact womens communication style is different than a man’s, if I’m still allowed to say such things :) , so that’s my theory, your mileage my vary

Of the videos Ive watched of Dan I liked what I saw, but I’m not familiar with the man enough to even buy him a drink

Last edited:
I mind everything that does that, whether that's news sites, youtube videos, government reports or internet posters who don't know the full story but think they do.

As I have yet to see god himself write a crash analysis, that’s everyone

I don’t claim to know it all, but that’s from experience that I know that I don’t know it all, and I know that many crashes we will never know the exact cause, but that’s how life works, some things we will never know

As I have yet to see God himself write a crash analysis, that’s everyone

I don’t claim to know it all, but that’s from experience that I know that I don’t know it all, and I know that many crashes we will never know the exact cause, but that’s how life works, some things we will never know

And I would rather not have some youtuber who portrays himself as all-knowing being promoted to people who may or may not understand that he is a self-important dude who doesn't know anything more than the rest of us uninformed pilots unless he's talking about crashes that he himself was involved in.

Last edited:
And I would rather not have some youtuber who portrays himself as all-knowing being promoted to people who may or may not understand that he is a self-important dude who doesn't know anything more than the rest of us uninformed pilots unless he's talking about crashes that he himself was involved in.

If someone is watching anyone on YouTube, or especially the main stream media, and thinking it’s the word of god, they are already lost

I was fooled.

I wouldn’t saw fooled, but if you think I claim to be a “expert” or know everything you might have been a fool in how you read my words?

If someone is watching anyone on YouTube, or especially the main stream media, and thinking it’s the word of God, they are already lost

I trust very little I see on the internet, but I also realize that a lot of people do trust what they see on the internet to some degree. I see literally zero point in defending someone who has repeated outrageous theories and postulated a bunch of his own outrageous theories about accidents, because while I may be able to figure out that DG is full of it, there are plenty of people who will not have the knowledge to know that. It's not that I think we should stop him from exercising his right to free speech, but I think it's rather weird that anyone defends him.

I trust very little I see on the internet, but I also realize that a lot of people do trust what they see on the internet to some degree. I see literally zero point in defending someone who has repeated outrageous theories and postulated a bunch of his own outrageous theories about accidents, because while I may be able to figure out that DG is full of it, there are plenty of people who will not have the knowledge to know that. It's not that I think we should stop him from exercising his right to free speech, but I think it's rather weird that anyone defends him.

Compared to the theories the government and Main Street media push, the you tube guy is practically gospel lol

Perhaps he has family that come here or maybe Dan has a few "alter egos" ... ;)

This is a much larger problem and very common

It’s like how people hate nickel back, most hate that band because it’s trendy to do so

The other very scary thing is this new normal nonsense of any one who doesn’t agree with the echo chamber must be a “bot” or some Russian spy, because that’s some how easier for people to believe than other people don’t share their echo chamber ideas

Crazy times man, crazy times

Compared to the theories the government and Main Street media push, the you tube guy is practically gospel lol

See, I don't do comparative truth. In my opinion, there is no "lesser of the two evils" when it comes to telling the truth. Especially when it comes to truth about how people died. I agree the government and media say a whole lot of dumb stuff, and horrible stuff, and downright lies, but that doesn't excuse Dan Gryder in the slightest.

It’s like how people hate nickel back, most hate that band because it’s trendy to do so

The other very scary thing is this new normal nonsense of any one who doesn’t agree with the echo chamber must be a “bot” or some Russian spy, because that’s some how easier for people to believe than other people don’t share their echo chamber ideas

Crazy times man, crazy times

Whose echo chamber are we talking about now, and how does this relate to DG? You really think that the only reason competent pilots don't like DG is just because it's trendy?

Whose echo chamber are we talking about now, and how does this relate to DG? You really think that the only reason competent pilots don't like DG is just because it's trendy?

That’s why most don’t seem to like him

If you’re looking for that high weapons grade truth you shouldn’t be watching ANY news or YouTube, should be just going off what your own two eyes witness

Seems lots of people hate on that guy, which I find funny, yeah occasionally he’s wrong, so? That’s like 99% of people who report on anything

He took something? We’ll if it wasn’t a active scene that’s just called picking up trash

He made something more dramatic? Again enter all of YouTube, the TV, newspapers and so on, or even every person talking about something they saw in person

Just seems people like to hate on the guy,

“OMGGG!!!! He’s like so bad”

“I know right, like really bad”

“Hey girls!!! Who are we hating on?”

“DG”

“oh my godddddddd! He’s like horrible, I know!”

That’s what it sounds like, I’m just over here thinking the dude isn’t that bad, especially for a YouTube channel

Not so many years ago an experimental engine guy was on many sites with alter egos promoting his stuff and defending himself. It happens and likely much more than folks think. I'm not saying that's happening here but it is a possibility. Just for the record I have no idea what or who a "nickel back" is ...

Not so many years ago an experimental engine guy was on many sites with alter egos promoting his stuff and defending himself. It happens and likely much more than folks think. I'm not saying that's happening here but it is a possibility. Just for the record I have no idea what or who a "nickel back" is ...

A pretty big band

But if you think anyone who defends something you don’t like, we’ll if one of your first thoughts is they are a spy or a robot, that’s not good

A pretty big band

But if you think anyone who defends something you don’t like, we’ll if one of your first thoughts is they are a spy or a robot, that’s not good

That's quite a judgmental statement from someone ranting on others for judging ... :dunno:

That’s why most don’t seem to like him.

If you’re looking for that high weapons grade truth you shouldn’t be watching ANY news or YouTube, should be just going off what your own two eyes witness

Seems lots of people hate on that guy, which I find funny, yeah occasionally he’s wrong, so? That’s like 99% of people who report on anything

He took something? We’ll if it wasn’t a active scene that’s just called picking up trash

He made something more dramatic? Again enter all of YouTube, the TV, newspapers and so on, or even every person talking about something they saw in person

Just seems people like to hate on the guy,
That’s what it sounds like, I’m just over here thinking the dude isn’t that bad, especially for a YouTube channel

I'm sorry I removed your imitation of high school girls gossiping, because it was kinda funny coming from a guy who claims to be all manly, but it was a long quote and I didn't feel like removing the extra spaces between the lines.

The problem is not that he dramatizes things. It's not that he occasionally makes mistakes. It's that he portrays himself to people who don't know better as if he never dramatizes things and doesn't make mistakes. He puts himself forth as the source of factual information, when in reality, he's simply another youtube personality, doing everything for clicks and giggles.

And yes, it would be easier if I didn't have to watch news or anything, but I can't be everywhere. And besides, I'm not dumb enough to think I don't have a bias. I would never advise anyone to take what I say as absolute truth, even if they know me and know that I am a generally decent person. It's called "trust but verify"...or as my dad used to quote to me, "In God we trust...all others we monitor".

Back