Is anyone near KLNS?

Danos

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
i And I Survive
I have to make a trip out there and will have some time to kill once I arrive. I'll be looking for some good food. Any sugestions?

I have to make a trip out there and will have some time to kill once I arrive. I'll be looking for some good food. Any sugestions?

The restaurant on the field, Florentino's is very good.

And if you still have time to kill after you eat, check on the pilot shop at Airways.

Isn't Gratton based out of there?

Danos, John Recine who sometimes posts here is out there, and if you want to give him a hand putting together his pietinpol, I'm sure he'd appreciate it.:p

When are you planning your trip? I live within 3/4 to a mile away and depending on your trip I may be available!

John

It looks like I'm doing my commercial night x-country with my instructor on Sunday. My lady's som will be along for the ride too. We'll just be stopping in and I would like to let the little guy stretch out before we come back..and umm..yeah, I like to eat (Rob will verify that one). So it'll just be a short stop this time. But maybe me you Rob and can plan a visit. I'd love to see what you're building!

You'll like Florentinos, but call ahead and check their Sunday hours. Things tend to close early on Sundays up there.

Because unless you fly there in daytime and do the night stuff on the return, it's gonna be kind of late when it's "night". Damn the early DST change

Good point. Rob just told me good things about it so I'll haave to look into it.

Danos, What time are you planning to land At LNS I'm only 1/2 hour away and i'll come down and meet and Eat with you.Plus you NEED ti visit the TOY STORE (pilots shop) your Kid will love it. Give me a call at 717-443-2308.
Dave G

AWESOME! I think we'll be comming in around 8:30 weather permitting because it has to be vfr. I'll call you on Sunday when I know for sure! :cheers:

Yup Fiorentinos is great ask ground to direct you to the west ramp then you can call Airways from the phone in the lobby and they will pick you up in the van so you don't have to taxi down. And Yes Jim Gratton is there too.

Danos, I'll have to beg off. I leave for Atlanta Sunday mid morning from Harrisburg. Sorry I can make it. Also FYI the Brookfield restaurant has a new Italian chef who does a great job; he’s a master chef from the Naples area. I know him very well; he’s my son in law so I can attest to his skills and abilities.

I think by that time of the night Airways pilot shop and Winkies will both be closed, I wouldnt want you to dissapointed when you arrive.

Sorry I can meet you and the rest of the people planning to show up to see you this trip, I would have enjoyed the visit and maybe a special tour of the basement airplane shop to see the piet, the fuse or my collection of carefully glued together sticks.

Safe trip and enjoy the visit.

John

Thanks for all the great info guys! John. I looked at your builder's log. I think a special trip is DEFINITELY in order.

Yup, I'm based at LNS.

According to the website, Fiorentinos hours on Sundays are 11am to 8 pm. If you're coming in at 8:30, it'll be closed. Airways will too I believe. They roll up the sidewalks pretty early here in Dutch country:yes:

There are many good restaurants a short cab ride away, if you need food. There's a place called Scooters just up route 501 (the main drag that you fly over if you come in Runway 8) that would be maybe 5 minutes in a cab. Excellent wings. They sell draft root beer with just a shot of Vanilla flavoring in it. Good stuff.

Jim G

Well Danos, since Fiorentinos wil be closed, I'll drive down from Harrisburg that way you wont have to even get a Cab.
Dave G.
P.S. and i can tell you all about Young Eagles

Last edited:
Back