Is a 100 hour required?

Did you write your own? I used Cessna's program for 20+ years on a variety of planes before they stopped sponsoring it and agree with your conclusion.
Submit the request based upon the Cessna 100 service manual based on a 100 hour schedule.

Thanks, usage dropped to the point that it didn't make sense.

Submit the request based upon the Cessna 100 service manual based on a 100 hour schedule.

Thanks, usage dropped to the point that it didn't make sense.

That point usually is about 25 hours per quarter. or you end up doing the rest of the progressive every year.

Exactly what we found. We were reinspecting the inspections.

That point usually is about 25 hours per quarter. or you end up doing the rest of the progressive every year.

Exactly what we found. We were reinspecting the inspections.

the easy way to make your PMI mad is to have them set it up, and then tell them you don't want to do it.

Lots of ways to get around a 100 hours requirement, as has already been pointed out.

A progressive inspection cycle is the most popular.
I'm still looking for the regulation which requires, as you said, that "Corporate aircraft over 12,500 pounds operate on an approved maintenance program."

Did you write your own? I used Cessna's program for 20+ years on a variety of planes before they stopped sponsoring it and agree with your conclusion.

We use the Cessna/Piper/Cirrus pubs on the planes that fly enough that we don't need to repeat inspections on calendar time

You'll be looking for a long time. Specifically, it will be until they enact it.
I'm still looking for the regulation which requires, as you said, that "Corporate aircraft over 12,500 pounds operate on an approved maintenance program."

read AC 121-22A for the number used to separate GA aircraft and transport category aircraft, then read

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_category

for a better understanding that part 25 and 29 apply to aircraft over 12,500.

plus 23.3 limits what a normal category aircraft is,

23.3 Airplane categories.
(a) The normal category is limited to airplanes that have a seating configuration, excluding pilot seats, of nine or less, a maximum certificated takeoff weight of 12,500 pounds or less, and intended for nonacrobatic operation.

so, if it is not a normal category aircraft the maintenance is directed by the type of certificate it operates under.

So the answer is that if you have a MM, necessary mules, jacks, pressure cart, power cart and somebody that knows how to do it, any shop can maintain them.

read AC 121-22A for the number used to separate GA aircraft and transport category aircraft, then read

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_category

for a better understanding that part 25 and 29 apply to aircraft over 12,500.

plus 23.3 limits what a normal category aircraft is,

23.3 Airplane categories.
(a) The normal category is limited to airplanes that have a seating configuration, excluding pilot seats, of nine or less, a maximum certificated takeoff weight of 12,500 pounds or less, and intended for nonacrobatic operation.

so, if it is not a normal category aircraft the maintenance is directed by the type of certificate it operates under.

So the answer is that if you have a MM, necessary mules, jacks, pressure cart, power cart and somebody that knows how to do it, any shop can maintain them.

Back to my original statement that many corporate aircraft operate on a maintenance program because they are not in a normal category.

http://www.faa.gov/aircraft/air_cert/design_approvals/small_airplanes/categories/

they can not be certified that way because they weigh too much, they are required to have programs which direct where and who must return them to service.

read AC 121-22A...
That AC was cancelled three years ago. It was replaced by AC 121-22B, which was also cancelled and replaced by AC 121-22C, which says:
This AC does not change regulatory requirements and does not authorize changes in, or deviations from, regulatory requirements.
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
So, back to my original question -- which regulation says corporate aircraft over 12,500 lb MGW must have 100-hour inspections?

Last edited:
That AC was cancelled three years ago. It was replaced by AC 121-22B, which was also cancelled and replaced by AC 121-22C, which says:
So, back to my original question -- which regulation says corporate aircraft over 12,500 lb MGW must have 100-hour inspections?

read post 29

You seem to have read into the post what you want it to say.. or turned it around to fit your agenda.

I'll say it again just for you, 12,500 pounds and heavier are considered by the FAA as transport category aircraft and must be on an approved maintenance plan.
That plan will dictate who can return it to service and who must conduct inspections required.

Last edited:
read post 29

You seem to have read into the post what you want it to say.. or turned it around to fit your agenda.

I'll say it again just for you, 12,500 pounds and heavier are considered by the FAA as transport category aircraft and must be on an approved maintenance plan.
That plan will dictate who can return it to service and who must conduct inspections required.
You are wrong. And your inability to cite a regulation to support your position is enough for me to discontinue arguing with you.

Back