Is 1 day at AOPA Summit worth it?

AlphaWhiskey

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
AlphaWhiskey
I will be within a short flight of the AOPA Summit but will only be able to attend on the first day. I'm interested in seeing some planes and doing some learning. Is one day worthwhile?
Thanks!

I attended the AOPA summit in Tampa for 3 days and when it was in Philly I went for one day because it was only a 30 minute drive into center city. I got to see the show in the convention center and took the shuttle to PHL to see the plane display. I thought it was worthwhile just for the day. I didn't have time to take in any seminars though.

If you want to look at the planes and new products I would say a day is worth it.always enjoy touring the ramp and catching a lecture or two.

I will be within a short flight of the AOPA Summit but will only be able to attend on the first day. I'm interested in seeing some planes and doing some learning. Is one day worthwhile?
Thanks!

Absolutely. It is great in 1 day.

It is worth it to me.

One is better than none. I often only do OSH for one day. That's not enough, but better than nothing.

A big difference between Summit and OSH is that at Summit, most things are contained in a fairly small space. At least, that was the case when I attended at Hartford a couple years ago. On the other hand, at OSH, the exhibits, vendors and lectures are spread out over acres and you spend a lot of time walking.

Having attended OSH for one day, and finding it worthwhile, I'd say one day at Summit would definitely be worth the effort.

Thanks!

Short answer, yes! I enjoyed the seminars but that eats up the day. Looks to be a lot less seminars so you may be able to manage both.

Back