IRS Refund check - WhoooHoooo!

gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
Got my IRS Refund check in the mail yesterday - whooo hoooo!
I sent them a check for over $7k a month ago and they sent me a token of their love, appreciation and gratitude with a refund check of $1.43. :rofl: I'll bet it only cost us taxpayers $64.99 for them to cut me this check.

I sent them a check for over $7k a month ago and they sent me a token of their love, appreciation and gratitude with a refund check of $1.43. :rofl: I'll bet it only cost us taxpayers $64.99 for them to cut me this check.

If you were a real patriot you would send the check back as a donation toward retiring the national debt.

Omnibus Spending Bill (C) 2005,2006,2007 Walt Disney, Inc.

Toner/Ink, Special Check Paper, Electricity, Envelope, Postage, and best of all... Labor.

Did I miss anything? :D

Last year, after I had filed my return, I received a delayed K-1 form on a trust fund from my mother's estate. The K-1 represented a $17.00 interest income for November/December of 2005. So, I had to file an amended return.
Didn't owe anything, but the tax preparer charged me $55.00 for preparing the amended return.

HR

Don't spend it all in one place.

Oh, what the heck; live a little! Buy a quart of 100LL!

Last year, after I had filed my return, I received a delayed K-1 form on a trust fund from my mother's estate. The K-1 represented a $17.00 interest income for November/December of 2005. So, I had to file an amended return.
Didn't owe anything, but the tax preparer charged me $55.00 for preparing the amended return.

HR
If you hadn't filed, you would no doubt be hit with a minimum penalty and interest as well as all the time required to address the same. The IRS in their wisdom would spend a hundred hours or so in pursuing it. Once a period of time has gone by, they would then file a lien against any property held by the estate.

And people think the FairTax is unfair? :dunno:

If you hadn't filed, you would no doubt be hit with a minimum penalty and interest as well as all the time required to address the same. The IRS in their wisdom would spend a hundred hours or so in pursuing it. Once a period of time has gone by, they would then file a lien against any property held by the estate.

And people think the FairTax is unfair? :dunno:

Ironically, Ken, the same Trust has now been cleared via my getting a check for $206.22 which was hanging in the account. But the K-1 form has yet to arrive detailing whatever interest -- probably pennies -- was earned on the piddling amount. My tax preparer filed an extension so that we only will make one filing and don't get bitten with the same situation as last year.
HR

And you sent them a bill for the appropriate late fees, penalties, and interest right? :D

Considering that in 2005 I had to send them a check for over $20,000 when it came time to file and I was not penalized I see no reason to send one to them. I also did not finish my 2005 submission until March of 2007 without filing an extension. I did not know when I first filed the 2005 forms that I would much later be receiving a K1 estate settlement. So I had to amend my return to them

Back