Irritating Whine in Com #1 but not #2?

Sir, with all due respects, if you can't do the test in the SAME EXACT ORDER that I asked for it, don't come back with bogus results that mean nothing.

I specifically asked you to not key the transmitter. YOu keyed the transmitter. I asked you to get a constant transmit source. YOu didn't get a constant source. I didn't ask you anything about antennas. You supplied antenna information.

You really don't deserve hundreds of dollars of engineering time if you aren't willing to do what was asked.

Please, go to a radio shop and write them a blank check, but don't bother us here unless you want professional opinions. Lots of us here have dozens of years time troubleshooting and are willing to help those who listen and can follow directions.

You evidently cannot.

Jim

I can't claim to be a fan of Jim but his response this time is spot on.

Details are important. As are following instructions.

Rather than report a half-assed data set that is meaningless, wait til you get proper data from listening to a constant source.

Or take your plane to a radio shop and pay the prevailing rate for labor for them to do your troubleshooting for you.

Sir, with all due respects, if you can't do the test in the SAME EXACT ORDER that I asked for it, don't come back with bogus results that mean nothing.

I specifically asked you to not key the transmitter. YOu keyed the transmitter. I asked you to get a constant transmit source. YOu didn't get a constant source. I didn't ask you anything about antennas. You supplied antenna information.

You really don't deserve hundreds of dollars of engineering time if you aren't willing to do what was asked.

Please, go to a radio shop and write them a blank check, but don't bother us here unless you want professional opinions. Lots of us here have dozens of years time troubleshooting and are willing to help those who listen and can follow directions.

You evidently cannot.

Jim

Jim, you truly are an *******. No question about it.

You can keep your information because I would rather pay someone a thousand dollars than have to listen to more of your condescending responses.

I can't claim to be a fan of Jim but his response this time is spot on.

WRONG. There is never a time where it is appropriate to have that level of rudeness even on an internet forum.

Thats funny. You haven't seen anything yet. Toughen up.

Can you stop posting in my thread? Your not helping anything, your taking part in and encouraging disrespectful behavior and I certainly don't appreciate it.

There's no need for it and it certainly isn't appreciated by the people who are just trying to learn all they can. If you want money for your time then please stop offering advice for free online.

I think it was obvious I couldn't do exactly as requested and I stated that, no atis and no one around at this small airport that doesn't even have fuel, there are only 3 or 4 planes that appear to be based here.

I don't get to leave much at work so when I was finally able to your dammed right I wanted to try what I was able to, do you want me to apologize for that? Kick rocks buddy.

Hulk,
next time you get to the plane and you hear the whine on the ground, weather engine on or off, pull the circuit breakers one at a time until the whine goes away without killing the engine. You can shut off the alternator switch also and see if that stops it. This may take some time. You may not hear the whine for a few days, weeks or months. Make sure you write down your findings so you don't forget.
Good luck.

Hulk,
next time you get to the plane and you hear the whine on the ground, weather engine on or off, pull the circuit breakers one at a time until the whine goes away without killing the engine. You can shut off the alternator switch also and see if that stops it. This may take some time. You may not hear the whine for a few days, weeks or months. Make sure you write down your findings so you don't forget.
Good luck.

Thank you, I will try it!

don't bother us any more.
Not sure who "us" is. It seems to be only you that is getting increasingly spun up. A good cure might be for you to stop reading the thread.

Back