IR training schedule for CFII and IR pilots

asgcpa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CPA
I am a CPA by profession with my own practice and teach a college class one night a week (read busy). Trying to study for IR knowledge test which I would like to take in late December or early January (read way behind). 1) suggestions for studying ? Mid October I plan on allotting an hour a day. 2) currently scheduling an hour and a half of Redbird FMX training and 2 hours of IR flight training per week. Is this adequate to keep progress moving forward based on your experience?

Thanks

Yes, it is, although you might want to try to schedule three sessions a week rather than two (or have the sim available for weather backup on flying days), so if you have to weather-cancel the one actual flight a week you still get two training sessions a week.

Yes, it is, although you might want to try to schedule three sessions a week rather than two (or have the sim available for weather backup on flying days), so if you have to weather-cancel the one actual flight a week you still get two training sessions a week.

Thanks Ron.

Back