IR in Madison, WI

WingNut42

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
WingNut42
Hello,
I think I am ready to work on an IR, (that pesky check book has been the only thing holding me back). I am fairly new to Madison and was wondering if anyone familiar with the area had suggestions on FBO's and instructors. I have rented from Morey a little and they seem like a good bunch. I know Wisconsin Aviation is out at MSN, though I haven't talked to them. Any thoughts or suggestions on either of these or anyone else in the area?

Thanks,
Jon

kent and pete can help you out. I think kent used a local instructor in his clubs airplane.

I've flown with Wisconsin Aviation's CFIs and they are a good bunch. As for rental I don't really know as I am in a club.

Our club (Capcity Flyers) currently has 3 planes, and a max of 30 members. We have 2 Archers, and a 182. We are looking at trading one archer for a Diamond, but we need to sell the Archer first. Kent (flyingcheesehead) will give you the gory details as he is on the BOD for the club.

Good luck with the IR and welcome to Madison.

I've flown with Wisconsin Aviation's CFIs and they are a good bunch. As for rental I don't really know as I am in a club.

Our club (Capcity Flyers) currently has 3 planes, and a max of 30 members. We have 2 Archers, and a 182. We are looking at trading one archer for a Diamond, but we need to sell the Archer first. Kent (flyingcheesehead) will give you the gory details as he is on the BOD for the club.

Good luck with the IR and welcome to Madison.

Are club memberships available? Chances are Jon and your club might be a good match. Jon mentioned checkbook issues and IMO a good club is the most cost effective situation to do IR training.

Oh yeah I forgot, there are memberships available.

Back