IR checkride coming up

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
Tony Condon informed me tonight Chris Jones' IR checkride is scheduled for this Thur. Let's generate some enthusiasm to carry Chris over the top. (Not to be construed to mean Chris is not already ready.)

Best wishes, Chris.

Tony Condon informed me tonight Chris Jones' IR checkride is scheduled for this Thur. Let's generate some enthusiasm to carry Chris over the top. (Not to be construed to mean Chris is not already ready.)

Best wishes, Chris.

This probably won't help: The long range forecast for Thursday sucks.

On the brighter side, if Tony says he's ready, he'll do fine (wx allowing), so I'll just wish Chris good luck for the weather, as he won't need luck to pass.

yea, his checkride is in Burlington, IA which is looking sunny for thursday but Ames (departure) has rain/snow showers that day.

Chris will do fine on his checkride. Hes the first IR guy ive gotten that has been ready for a checkride, IMO, before getting the 40 hrs instrument time. And doing it in the RV7 which is just a little sensitive in pitch and roll has made him a pretty smooth operator.

Ha!

I was reading through the threads and saw "IR Checkride coming up" and thought "wow! I wonder who ELSE has their IR ride coming up besides me!?" DOH!

I *think* I'm ready for the ride. Dad and I went down to BRL (where the ride will take place) over the weekend and shot every approach available at least twice. That helps ease some of the tension of having to be spot-on for a checkride at a new airport.

Anywho.. Weather is looking darn near crappy for Thursday. Lucky me. It'll get done eventually, I'm sure.

Thanks for the support from everyone here.

-Chris

Going to BRL . . . yea, he'll do fine, even if Tony is his instructor :D. I can't remember everything from my IR ride with Tommy, but I remember going over fuel requirements, a story from him about flying to Council Bluffs, quick IFR flight planning, then flying. I was negative GPS, so we took off, flew to the west a little ways, did unusual attitudes, p.p. steep turns, timed turns. Then intercepted a radial off off BRL VOR to go down to Keokuk and did a localizer only approach to 26. On the missed, he gave me vectors to the ILS 36 at BRL, then the published missed approach which goes to the BRL VOR, where we went around the hold a time or two, then shot the VOR 30 partial panel with a circle to land on 36. I believe if you have GPS, then you do a GPS 36 instead of going down to Keokuk. No sweat, I'm sure you'll do fine :yes:

forecast has improved for thursday to morning showers for both ames and burlington

:fcross:

Back