Iphone - way to display running services?

Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA
Okay like right, two days ago my Iphone 4 started gulping down battery juice like it was beer. I did the following steps:

1. Erased all "running" services.

2. Turned off the phone.

3. Did a hard reset of the phone.

But it's still eating a ton of juice. Something is happening in the background, and I can't figure out what it is to turn it off. And something IS running, the phone actually feels warm to the touch.

I tried turning off location services for a while, and it didn't make a difference. Is there some app or something I can use to display what's eating resources?

I use iStat for its top-like functionality.

background app update will nuke your battery.. It's how weather and stocks update themselves even when not running

settings > general > Background app refresh.. Sorry, got the verbiage f'd up

settings > general > Background app refresh.. Sorry, got the verbiage f'd up

Oh my, I think you've found the smoking gun. Holy crapola.

Now - I have a couple comm apps (e.g. Skype) I need to be able to receive calls from, will disabling it prevent them from receiving calls in the background?

Not 100% sure on that one.. Possibly.. but i tend to turn off the BS like weather and stocks etc.. leaving it on for the important stuff.. since FB updated last, it kills my battery.

Well guess what, no bueno. The problem is getting worse so I suspect the battery is shot. F it, I'm just going to upgrade it. I mean, the battery is four years old.

IPhone 4 was the last single core IPhone,
so it may be just doing more than it can really handle.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

I 86'd my iphone 4 for a Galaxy S4 and never looked back. Wife will be doing the same but getting the S5 and she started with iphone 1. Just a thought :D

Well it's a non issue now as I have a 5s. I like it by the way.

Back